Each year millions of candy wrappers are needlessly discarded and end up in landfills. TerraCycle® is proud to partner with M&M's® to create a second life for these candy wrappers.
Every time you enjoy any candy product, such as M&M's, we want you to save the wrapper and send it in! You’re not only enjoying a great-tasting treat, but you’re also helping reduce waste and contributing to a good cause. For each approved candy wrapper received, your collection location will be awarded two TerraCycle points which can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, or for a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
Participating in a TerraCycle Brigade is totally free. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined the Candy Wrapper Brigade®, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough approved candy wrappers to fill up a box or bag (approved waste is listed below). Remember, the waste does not need to be cleaned or stacked, and always try to reuse a shipping box or bag! Please note, you will need to send shipments that contain about 9 lbs of candy wrappers in order to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.com. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE”. You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
For more detailed information please check out the Candy Wrapper Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Candy Wrapper Brigade Poster and Candy Wrapper Brigade Thermometer Poster to help promote your efforts and keep track of your collections.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Candy Wrapper Brigade accepted waste:
- Individual candy wrappers
- Large or family-size candy bags
- Multipack candy bags
This program is intended for high schools, colleges and universities, as well as other organizations at those levels.