To make the best snacks on earth Frito-Lay® understands the need to protect the earth. That is why Frito-Lay has joined eco-friendly innovator TerraCycle® to provide a second life for used chip bags.
Frito-Lay has been working for years to reduce every aspect of their environmental impact, especially their packaging (learn more at www.fritolay.com). Now, every time you enjoy any chip bag be sure to save the bag and send it in to TerraCycle to be converted into unique products! Look at the reward structure below to see how you could earn TerraCycle points for the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
The rewards for shipments through the Chip Bag Brigade are as follows:
0 lbs to 14 lbs per shipment: 0 points per bag
14 lbs to 40 lbs per shipment: 1 point per bag
Over 40 lbs per shipment: 2 points per bag
Participating in a TerraCycle Brigade is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined the Chip Bag Brigade, simply follow the steps below to recycle your chip bags through TerraCycle:
- Collect enough approved chip bags to fill up a box or bag (approved waste is listed below). Remember, the waste does not need to be cleaned or stacked, and always try to reuse a shipping box or bag. Please note, you will need to send shipments that weigh at least 14 lbs in order to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.com. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE.” You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
- Drop off your chip bags at a public Chip Bag Brigade location if you live in the Hamilton, NJ, area. Click here to see our interactive map of drop-off locations in Hamilton Township, NJ. Please note that you will not receive TerraCycle points when you drop off your chip bags at a public location.
For more detailed information please check out the Chip Bag Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Chip Bag Brigade Poster and Chip Bag Brigade Thermometer Poster to help promote your efforts and keep track of your collections.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Chip Bag Brigade accepted waste:
- Individual salty snack bags
- Family-size salty snack bags
- Multipack salty snack bags
Want to know what happens to your chip bags once they arrive at the TerraCycle facility? Check out the short video below!