Cigarette Waste Brigade® - FAQ
- What kinds of waste are acceptable?
We accept all parts of extinguished cigarettes, cigarette filters, partial cigarettes, outer plastic packaging, inner foil packaging, loose tobacco pouches, rolling paper, and ash.
Please note: We DO NOT accept the cardboard packaging of a cigarette box. Instead, you may recycle these through your municipal recycling program.
- Who can sign up for the Cigarette Waste Brigade?
Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company markets their products only to smokers 21 years of age or older. If you or your participants do not smoke, or are under the age of 21, please visit our other Brigade programs to see how you can help the environment.
We welcome anyone from almost any organization to join in our recycling efforts! There are some practical considerations your organizations should keep in mind. For example, our program is not designed to accommodate recycling centers.
- What do I need to sign up for the Cigarette Waste Brigade?
You will need to provide:
- A contact person (over 21 years old) to oversee the Cigarette Waste Brigade at your location
- A valid e-mail address
- A valid mailing address
- Can my organization sign up more than once?
- No. Each individual and organization can only have one Cigarette Waste Brigade account. Any additional accounts will be suspended. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
- If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab (located on your account) and then simply click "Edit My Profile". If you still need assistance or have questions please contact Customer Support at 866 967 6766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
- Nope! You will be able to print pre-paid UPS shipping labels from our website through your online account. This will bring your Cigarette Waste Brigade collections back to our factory to be recycled. You win, we win, and the environment wins!
- How do I ship the cigarette waste back to TerraCycle?
To collect and ship for the Cigarette Waste Brigade from home, simply empty the contents of your ash tray into a re-sealable plastic bag, disposable plastic container, plastic shopping bag, or garbage bag. Please make sure that the cigarettes are fully extinguished. Do not dump your cigarette waste directly into the shipping box, and do not use paper bags or envelopes to collect your waste. Ship your collections to TerraCycle by downloading a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.com. Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
To collect and ship for the Cigarette Waste Brigade at your office, restaurant, or other business establishment, just empty the contents of your ash receptacle into a sturdy trash bag or thick garbage liner. Please make sure that the cigarettes are fully extinguished. Do not dump your cigarette waste directly into the shipping box, and do not use paper bags to collect your waste. Ship your collections to TerraCycle by downloading a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.com. Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
- I checked my status. Why is it incorrect?
- Please check back frequently to see your status update. If there is a serious problem with the status of your collections, please call Brigade Services at 866-967-6766 or e-mail email@example.com.
- We are done collecting for the Cigarette Waste Brigade, can we unsubscribe?
- To unsubscribe, please log into your account on the TerraCycle website. Select the “BRIGADES” tab and then the option “Remove this Brigade” located under the Cigarette Waste Brigade.
- Is there a limit to how much waste I can send in?
- There is no limit to the amount of packaging you can send in. We ask that you fill a box with as much cigarette waste as possible to minimize your impact on the environment. As long as you have been sending in a slow, steady stream, you are doing well.