Important Closing Notice for the Dairy Tub Brigade
We regret to inform you that the Dairy Tub Brigade will be closing on October 31, 2014. In preparation for this closing, please send in any dairy tub packaging before October 31, 2014. TerraCycle will be unable to credit your account for any packaging checked in after October 31, 2014.
If you would like to continue to recycle dairy tub packaging after the Brigade has closed, you can do so by purchasing our Plastic Packaging Zero Waste Box. To learn more about the Zero Waste Box Program, click here.
TerraCycle® and Kraft® have collaborated to create the Dairy Tub Brigade®, a free recycling program for dairy tubs and lids, as well as a fundraising opportunity for participants.
Participating is completely free and very easy. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by our brand partner. After joining the Dairy Tub Brigade, simply follow the steps below to recycle your waste with us:
- Join the program by clicking on the black button at the top of the sidebar.
- Collect dairy tubs and lids and fill up a box or bag. Your shipment may be any size to earn TerraCycle points. Please Note: You MUST stack or nest your containers. Dairy containers that cannot be stacked must be crushed to limit the amount of empty space within your shipment.
- Download a free shipping label from your TerraCycle account. Click "Get Shipping Label" under the "Send Your Waste" option in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the free shipping label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
The following types of packaging are accepted through the Dairy Tub Brigade.
Dairy Tub Brigade accepted waste:
- Yogurt tubs and lids
- Sour cream tubs and lids
- Cheese tubs and lids
- Cream cheese tubs and lids
- Butter and margarine tubs and lids
- Plastic ice cream tubs and lids
- Whipped topping tubs and lids
- Pudding tubs and lids
- Foil tops and plastic seals
Please note: TerraCycle accepts flexible, plastic cheese packaging as well, check out our Cheese Packaging Brigade for more information.
TerraCycle points are an added incentive to our recycling programs. Please read the information below about earning TerraCycle points for this specific Brigade program.
- Your shipment may be any size to earn TerraCycle points.
- You must stack or nest your containers. Dairy containers that cannot be stacked must be crushed to limit the amount of empty space within your shipment.
- You will be awarded two TerraCycle points for each unit of waste.
TerraCycle points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, product bundles, or a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. For more information on our points program, click here.
- Dairy Tub Brigade Accepted Waste Poster
- Crush Your Dairy Tubs Poster
- Dairy Tub Brigade Poster
- Dairy Tub Brigade FAQ
- Collect, Store, and Ship Guide
The program is generously sponsored by Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Breakstone's, Knudsen, and all other delicious Kraft products. You can enjoy any of these dairy products and rest easy knowing that these brands care for the environment as much as you do and have provided a solution for their waste.