Kraft® has partnered with eco-innovator TerraCycle® to provide a second life for used dairy tubs by converting these waste materials into fun and innovative products!
Every time you buy a dairy product that comes in a tub, you and your organization can divert these tubs and their lids from landfills by sending them to TerraCycle through the Dairy Tub Brigade. For each approved unit of waste received, your collection location will be awarded two TerraCycle points. Each TerraCycle point is redeemable for a variety of charitable gifts, or payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
Participating in a TerraCycle Brigade is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined the Dairy Tub Brigade, simply follow the steps below to earn your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough approved dairy tubs and lids to fill up a box (approved waste is listed below). Please Note: You MUST stack or nest your containers. Dairy containers that cannot be stacked must be crushed to limit the amount of empty space within your shipment.
- Download a free shipping label from terracycle.com. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE.” You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
For more detailed information please check out the Dairy Tub Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Dairy Tub Brigade Poster to help promote your efforts in this recycling program.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Dairy Tub Brigade accepted waste:
- Yogurt tubs and lids
- Sour cream tubs and lids
- Cheese tubs and lids
- Cream cheese tubs and lids
- Butter and margarine tubs and lids
- Plastic ice cream tubs and lids
- Whipped topping tubs and lids
- Pudding tubs and lids
- Foil tops and plastic seals
The program is generously sponsored by Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Breakstone's, Knudsen, and all other delicious Kraft products. You can enjoy any of these dairy products and rest easy knowing that these brands care for the environment as much as you do and have provided a solution for their waste.