Designer Handbag Brigade - FAQ
- Which designer handbags are acceptable?
Any purse or handbag made by the following designers is acceptable through this Brigade®.
Please note: bags must be authentic. The Handbag Compliance Form is not designed to prove authenticity, but it should help you determine whether your bag is the “real deal.” You must complete this form for each bag you are shipping and you must include each completed form in your shipment to TerraCycle.
- Alexander McQueen™
- Alexander Wang
- Jimmy Choo
- Judith Leiber
- Louis Vuitton®
- Marc Jacobs
- Michael Kors
- Proenza Schouler
- Stella McCartney
- Yves Saint Laurent®
- What is the Handbag Compliance Form?
The Handbag Compliance Form is designed to help you determine the authenticity of your designer handbag. This form is not designed to prove the authenticity, but rather it is designed to simply help you determine if your bag is authentic prior to sending it in to TerraCycle.
- Who can sign up for the Designer Handbag Brigade?
- We welcome any individual or organization to join in our handbag recycling efforts! There are some practical considerations your organizations should keep in mind. For example, our program is not designed to accommodate recycling centers.
- Which states can participate in the TerraCycle Brigade programs?
- TerraCycle® Brigade programs are open to all U.S. States EXCEPT for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico and sign-up for a Brigade, your account will be automatically deactivated and your location will not be able to print or request labels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have Brigade programs running in those states and territories in the future.
- What do I need to sign up for the Designer Handbag Brigade®?
You will need to provide:
- A valid email address
- A valid mailing address
- A valid phone number
If you choose to redeem your points towards a non-profit or charity of your choice, you will also need the mailing address and contact information for the 501(c)3 charity and its Federal Tax ID number. (Please note: the Federal Tax ID number will be formatted XX-XXXXXXX. Please be sure that you do not have the state sales tax exempt number). If you do not have your own charity, you can choose to redeem your points towards one of TerraCycle’s charitable gifts.
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
- If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab (located on your account) and then simply click "Edit My Profile". If you still need assistance or have questions please contact Customer Support at 1-866–967–6766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is there a minimum/maximum amount of handbags to collect before my school or charity will receive a check?
- You can redeem your points at any time for one of TerraCycle's charitable gifts, or towards a cash donation (check) to any non-profit or charitable organization, including schools. Please keep in mind that there is a minimum of 1,000 points or $10 needed for a cash donation. Cash donations are mailed directly to the charity, twice a year in June and December. All cash donations requested between May 1st and October 31st will be disbursed in December. All cash donations requested between November 1st and April 30th will be disbursed in June.
- I've sent collections in to benefit a charity. Why didn’t I receive a check?
- You must redeem your points for a cash donation via your account in order for a check to be disbursed to the charity of your choice. Please note, there is a minimum of 1,000 points or $10 needed for each cash donation. Cash donations are mailed directly to the charity, twice a year in June and December. All cash donations requested between May 1st and October 31st will be disbursed in December. All cash donations requested between November 1st and April 30th will be disbursed in June.
- I forgot to select a charity during sign up. Can I still select one?
- Yes. You can select, add or change your preferred charities via your account on the TerraCycle website. Simply log into your account at www.terracycle.net and click on the "MY IMPACT" tab. To add a new preferred charity to your account, please select the "Manage Charities" link. Please note that during the check out process when redeeming points, you will also be given a chance to choose an existing charitable gift and update or change your preferred charities.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
- Nope! You will be able to print free UPS shipping labels from our website through your online account.
- How do I ship my handbags back to TerraCycle?
You must include your completed Handbag Compliance Form(s) in your shipment.
Option 1 (Eco Friendly way!): If you already have a reused box or bag, you can download your own pre-paid UPS return label by clicking the red “SHIP YOUR WASTE TO US” icon located on your account and select the Designer Handbag Brigade under the drop down menu. Print the pre-paid label and affix to the reused box or back and drop off at a local ups drop off location.
Option 2: You can have us ship you 2 UPS pre-paid return labels, by clicking “Send Me Mailing Labels.” Your pre-paid return labels will be shipped to your address. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery time. Delivery times may vary depending on your location.
- Is there a limit to how many handbags I can send in?
- There is no limit to the amount of handbags you can send in.
- I checked my status. Why is it incorrect?
- Please check back frequently to see your status update. If there is a serious problem with collection status please call Brigade Services at 1-866-967-6766 or e-mail email@example.com.
- How much will I earn per handbag for the Designer Handbag Brigade?
- Each acceptable, authentic handbag you send in will earn 7,500 TerraCycle points. Remember to check the approved list of designer handbags and fill out a Handbag Compliance Form for each bag you send in (and include those forms in your shipment to TerraCycle). Please note: you will only earn TerraCycle points if you complete the form and your bag is designated authentic by the sponsor’s appraisal team.
- I am done collecting for the Designer Handbag Brigade, can I unsubscribe?
- Please log into your account on the TerraCycle website. Select the “BRIGADES” tab and then the option “Remove this Brigade” located under the Designer Handbag Brigade.