Dropps® Laundry Pouch Brigade® - FAQ
- Who can sign up for the Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade?
- We welcome anyone from almost any organization to join in our recycling efforts! There are some practical considerations your organizations should keep in mind. For example, our program is not designed to accommodate recycling centers.
- Which states can participate in the TerraCycle® Brigade programs?
- TerraCycleBrigade programs are open to all U.S. States EXCEPT for ALASKA, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico and sign-up for a Brigade, your account will be automatically deactivated and your location will not be able to print or request labels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have brigade programs running in those states and territories in the future.
- What do I need to sign up for the Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade program?
You will need to provide the following:
- A contact person to oversee the Dropps Laundry Detergent Pouch Brigade at your location
- A valid email address
- A valid mailing address
If you choose to redeem your points towards a non-profit or charity of your choice, you will also need the mailing address and contact information for the 501(c)3 charity and its Federal Tax ID number. (Please note: The federal tax ID number will be formatted XX-XXXXXXX, please be sure that you do not have the state sales tax exempt number).
If you do not have your own charity, you can choose to redeem your points towards one of TerraCycle's charitable gifts.
- Can my school or organization sign up more than once?
- No. Each individual and organization, including schools or student groups at a school or university, can only have one Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade account. Any additional accounts will be suspended. However, more than one brigade can benefit a single school. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
- If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab (located on your account) and then simply click "Edit My Profile." If you still need assistance or have questions please contact Customer Support at 1-866–967–6766 or email email@example.com
- Is there a minimum/maximum amount of packaging to collect before my school or charity will receive a check?
- You can redeem your points at any time for one of TerraCycle's charitable gifts, or towards a cash donation (check) to any non-profit or charitable organization, including schools. Please keep in mind that there is a minimum of 1,000 points or $10 needed for a cash donation. Cash donations are mailed directly to the charity, twice a year in June and December. All cash donations requested between May 1st and October 31st will be disbursed in December. All cash donations requested between November 1st and April 30th will be disbursed in June.
- I've sent collections in to benefit a charity. Why didn’t I receive a check?
- You must redeem your points for a cash donation via your account in order for a check to be disbursed to the charity of your choice. Please note, there is a minimum of 1,000 points or $10 needed for each cash donation. Cash donations are mailed directly to the charity, twice a year in June and December. All cash donations requested between May 1st and October 31st will be disbursed in December. All cash donations requested between November 1st and April 30th will be disbursed in June.
- I forgot to select a charity during sign up. Can I still select one?
Yes. You can select, add or change your preferred charities via your account on the TerraCycle website. Simply log into your account at www.terracycle.net and click on the "MY IMPACT" tab. To add a new preferred charity to your account, please select the "Manage Charities" link. Please note that during the check out process when redeeming points, you will also be given a chance to choose an existing charitable gift and update or change your preferred charities.
You can also call 1-866-967-6766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the charity name, address, contact person and Tax ID #.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
- Nope! You will be able to print pre-paid UPS shipping labels from our website through your online account. This will bring your Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade collections back to our factory to be recycled into TerraCycle other products! You win, we win, and the environment wins!
- How do I ship the packaging back to TerraCycle?
You have two options for acquiring your pre-paid UPS return label. To either print, or have a label mailed to you, start by clicking the “SHIP US YOUR WASTE” button from your profile and selecting Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade under the drop down menu. You will then be presented with two options:
Option 1: Print the pre-paid label by selecting the “PRINT MY SHIPPING LABEL NOW” icon, and affix to the reused box or back and drop off at a local ups drop off location.
Option 2: You can also have us ship 2 UPS pre-paid return labels, by clicking “SEND ME A SHIPPING LABEL.” Your pre-paid return labels will be shipped to your address. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery time. Delivery times may vary depending on your location.
- Is there a limit to how many pieces of packaging I can send in?
- There is no limit to the amount of Dropps pouches you can send in. A standard copy paper box holds about 15 pouches. As long as you have been sending in a slow, steady stream, you are doing well. For additional information, please see the “Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade Shipping Instructions” which you can download from the "RESOURCES" tab located on your account.
- I checked my status. Why is it incorrect?
- Please check back frequently to see your status update. If there is a serious problem with collection status please call Brigade Services at 1-866-967-6766 or e-mail email@example.com
- How much will my organization be paid for the Dropps Laundry Detergent Pouch Brigade?
- Each piece your location sends in will earn 2 points or $.02 to the non-profit of your choice. Pouches will be counted based on weight, using .038 lbs. as the average weight.
- We are done collecting for the Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade, can we unsubscribe?
- Please log into your account on the TerraCycle website. Select the “BRIGADES” tab and then the option “Remove this Brigade” located under the Dropps Laundry Pouch Brigade.
- What kind of pouches are acceptable?
- Only Dropps brand laundry detergent pouches and Dropps brand fabric softener pouches are accepted through this Brigade.
- What can I send in through this Brigade?
The Dropps Laundry Packaging Brigade accepts only Dropps brand waste.
Dropps Laundry Packaging Brigade accepted waste: Dropps laundry detergent pouches, Dropps fabric softener pouches.
- How do other Brigade participants collect Dropps® laundry pouches?
Unfortunately, we do not have a Spotlight Location for this Brigade program. For our full list of Spotlight Locations, please click here.
- What can I do to get more people to recycle with me?
To encourage more people to recycle with you, try using some of the resources specific to this Brigade:
You may also want to use the guides and posters found under the Tools & Resources section of the website.
- How many TerraCycle points will I be awarded?
Each piece of waste your location sends in will earn you about 2 TerraCycle points. Pouches will be counted based on an average unit weight of 0.038 lbs.
- Do I need to clean the waste before I send it in?
No, you do not need to clean the waste before sending it in to TerraCycle. However, please remove as much of the remaining product as possible before shipping. And please remember, UPS will not accept dripping packages, so make sure your waste is dry prior to shipping.
- Can I only collect Dropps®-branded laundry pouches?
This specific Brigade is brand-specific, which means you can only recycle packaging of this particular brand.