Brigade: Elmer's Glue Crew Brigade
Timeline: September 2012 through June 2013
Prize: Brand new Elmer's products
How to Win: TerraCycle will choose three random Elmer's Glue Crew Brigade participants each month.
Millions of glue sticks and glue bottles end up in landfills every year, contributing to the ever-increasing concern over sustainability. To help reduce our impact on the environment, the Elmer's Glue Crew Recycling Program® is partnering with TerraCycle® to provide Brigade participants with another method to keep these materials out of landfills.
The Elmer's Glue Crew Recycling Program is a fun, hands-on way to teach about recycling. Members can find helpful recycling-related curriculum and project ideas that will encourage students to recycle and help our environment. Best of all, classrooms have the opportunity to submit recycling ideas and win great prizes, including a year-end Grand Prize!
For each approved Elmer’s glue item received, your collection location will be awarded two TerraCycle points which can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts or for a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
Participating in a TerraCycle Brigade is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined Elmer’s Glue Crew Brigade, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough approved glue packaging to fill up a box or bag (approved waste is listed below). Remember to reuse a shipping box or bag and use eco-friendly padding. Please note, you will need to send shipments that weigh at least 5 lbs in order to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from terracycle.com. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE.” You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
For more detailed information please check out the Elmer's Glue Crew Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Elmer's Glue Crew Brigade accepted waste:
- Elmer's glue sticks and caps
- Elmer's glue bottles and caps
Want to know what happens to your glue sticks and bottles once they arrive at the TerraCycle facility? Check out the short video below!