Every year millions of non-recyclable energy bar wrappers end up in our landfills. In response to this tremendous waste of resources, TerraCycle® has teamed up with Cascadian Farm, LÄRABAR, and founding sponsor Clif Bar to find a new use for used wrappers.
Thanks to the generous support of Cascadian Farm, LÄRABAR, and founding sponsor Clif Bar, for each approved energy bar wrapper received, your collection location will be awarded one TerraCycle point. These points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, or for a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
Participating in the Energy Bar Wrapper Brigade® is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined the Energy Bar Wrapper Brigade, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough energy bar wrappers to fill up a box or bag (approved waste is listed below). Remember, the waste does not need to be cleaned or stacked, and always try to reuse a shipping box or bag. Please note, you will need to send shipments that weigh at least 1 lb. in order to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from terracycle.com. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE.” You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
For more detailed information, please check out the Energy Bar Wrapper Brigade FAQ.
To make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Energy Bar Wrapper Brigade Poster to help promote your recycling efforts at your location.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
The Energy Bar Wrapper Brigade accepts any FOIL-LINED ENERGY BAR WRAPPER such as those listed below:
- Foil-lined energy bar wrappers
- Foil-lined granola bar wrappers
- Foil-lined meal replacement bar wrappers
- Foil-lined protein bar wrappers
- Foil-lined diet bar wrappers
- Clif Bar wrappers from Clif SHOT, Clif Twisted Fruit, Clif Roks, Clif Bloks, and Clif Gels
- All LÄRABAR foil-lined bar wrappers
- All Cascadian Farm foil-lined bar wrappers
Want to know what happens to your energy bar wrappers once they arrive at the TerraCycle facility? Check out the short video below!