Garment Brigade - FAQ
- What kinds of garments are acceptable?
- the Garment Brigade. These products are limited to: KIMTECH PURE* branded cleanroom apparel (including hoods and boots); KleenGuard* brand apparel including A10, A20, A30, A40, A60 apparel, lab coats, aprons, shoe covers, sleeves, and boot covers; plus any Kimberly-Clark* shoe covers and bouffant caps.
- Who can sign up for the Garment Brigade®?
- Only KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL facilities may sign up for this Brigade. The sign-up process is confirmation-based, meaning that KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL must approve the list of participants to be sure that the facilities are collecting their specific waste.
- Which states can participate in the TerraCycle Brigade programs?
- TerraCycle® Brigade programs are open to all U.S. States EXCEPT for ALASKA, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico and sign-up for a Brigade, your account will be automatically deactivated and your location will not be able to print or request labels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have Brigade programs running in those states and territories in the future.
- What do I need to sign up for the Garment Brigade?
- You will need to provide: 1) a contact person to oversee the Garment Brigade at your location 2) a valid email address 3) a valid mailing address. Once you are signed up and begin participating, you will need room at your facility to store the collection boxes for the program.
- Can my facility sign up more than once?
- No. Each individual, organization, or facility can only have one Garment Brigade account. Any additional accounts will be suspended. If you would like to sign up for other Brigade programs, you can certainly do that. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
- If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab (located on your account) and then simply click "Edit My Profile". If you still need assistance or have questions please contact Customer Support at 1-866–967–6766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What materials will my facility need in order to participate in the program?
You are required to use specific Brigade boxes supplied by TerraCycle. Once you are signed up, you can request a shipment of these boxes by e-mailing email@example.com. TerraCycle will send you 144 boxes (flat on a pallet), and you will send back 12 at a time.
If you have selected to participate in the freight/efficiency model, TerraCycle does not send out any materials. Under this model, you would use boxes that you already have on-site and stack them on a pallet. For the most efficient shipments, you would send multiple pallets at a time. Again, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick-up.
- Is there a minimum/maximum amount that I need to collect before sending back a shipment?
- This program has very specific guidelines for how to send garments back to TerraCycle. You will need to fill 12 boxes, which get placed on a pallet (two rows of three, stacked two levels high) before scheduling a pick-up. Once you have a full pallet ready to go, you can schedule a pick-up with TerraCycle by e-mailing email@example.com. Please note that anything other than 12 boxes on a pallet is considered non-compliant and those shipments will be subject to additional fees.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
- You will not make a payment to TerraCycle for shipping or for participation in the program. TerraCycle passes the operational costs on to the sponsor, in this case KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL. From there, the sponsor either covers the cost for the participating facilities or passes it on to you, the end customer. For specific questions related to payment, please contact your KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL representative.
- Is there a limit to how many garments I can send in?
- There is no limit to the amount of garments that you can send in, but they must fit neatly inside the boxes that are provided. Each full shipment must include no more, and no less, than 12 boxes on a pallet. If you have selected to participate in the Freight/Efficiency model, you can still send in as many garments as you wish provided that they are packed neatly into boxes that are stacked on a pallet.
- I checked my status to see the number of garments that I’ve recycled. Why is it incorrect?
- Please check back frequently to see your status update, as there is often a delay between the time we check in shipments and the time that accounts are updated. If there is a serious problem with collection status, please call Brigade Services at 1-866-967-6766 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are done collecting for the Garment Brigade, can we unsubscribe?
- Please log into your account on the TerraCycle website. Select the “BRIGADES” tab and then the option “Remove this Brigade” located under the Garment Brigade.