TerraCycle® and Glad® are excited to launch the Glad® Food Storage Brigade®. The program is currently planning for a phased rollout and we hope to provide more opportunities for participation. Stay tuned!
TerraCycle® and Glad® have partnered to create the Glad® Food Storage Brigade, a free recycling program for food storage products and a fundraising opportunity for participants.
Participating is completely free and very easy. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by our brand partner. After joining the Glad® Food Storage Brigade, simply follow the steps below to recycle your waste with us:
- Join the program by clicking on the black button at the top of the sidebar.
- Collect food storage products and fill up a box or bag. To earn TerraCycle points, remember that your shipments must weigh over 4 lbs (about 400 pieces) to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from your TerraCycle account. Click "Get Shipping Label" under the "Send Your Waste" option in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the free shipping label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
The following types of packaging are accepted through the Glad® Food Storage Brigade.
Glad® Food Storage Brigade accepted waste:
- Glad® ClingWrap or other brand plastic wrap
- Glad® Press’n Seal® wrap
- Glad® or other brand plastic food storage containers
- Glad® or other brand plastic food storage lids
- All types of Glad® or other brand food storage bags
TerraCycle points are an added incentive to our recycling programs. Please read the information below about earning TerraCycle points for this specific Brigade program.
- Your shipment must weigh over 4 lbs (or approximately 400 pieces).
- You will be awarded two TerraCycle points for each unit of waste.
- Shipments may weigh less than 4 lbs, you simply will not earn TerraCycle points.
TerraCycle points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, product bundles, or a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. For more information on our points program, click here.