Glad® Food Storage Brigade - FAQ
- What is acceptable packaging?
- Glad® ClingWrap or other brand plastic wrap, Glad® Press’n Seal® wrap, Glad® or other brand plastic food storage containers and lids, and all types of Glad® or other brand food storage bags.
- Who can sign up for the Glad® Food Storage Brigade?
- We welcome anyone from almost any organization to join in our recycling efforts! There are some practical considerations your organizations should keep in mind. For example, our program is not designed to accommodate recycling centers.
- Which states can participate in the TerraCycle Brigade programs?
- TerraCycle Brigade programs are open to all U.S. States EXCEPT for Alaska and Hawaii. If you live in Alaska and Hawaii and sign-up for a Brigade, your account will be automatically deactivated and your location will not be able to print or request labels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have Brigade programs running in those states and territories in the future.
- What do I need to sign up for the Glad® Food Storage Brigade program?
- You will need to provide 1) a contact person to oversee the Glad® Food Storage Brigade at your location and 2) a valid email address and 3) a valid mailing address. If you choose to redeem your points towards a non-profit or charity of your choice, you will also need the mailing address and contact information for the 501(c)3 charity and its Federal Tax ID number. (Please note: The federal tax ID number will be formatted XX-XXXXXXX, please be sure that you do not have the state sales tax exempt number). If you do not have your own charity, you can choose to redeem your points towards one of TerraCycle's charitable gifts.
- Can my school or organization sign up more than once?
- No. Each individual and organization, including schools, can only have one Glad® Food Storage Brigade account. Any additional accounts will be suspended. However, more than one Brigade can benefit a single school. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
- If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab (located on your account) and then simply click "Edit My Profile". If you still need assistance or have questions please contact Customer Support at 1-866–967–6766 or email email@example.com.
- Is there a minimum/maximum amount of packaging to collect before my school or charity will receive a check?
You can redeem your points at any time for one of TerraCycle's charitable gifts, or towards a cash donation (check) to any non-profit or charitable organization, including schools.
Cash donations are mailed directly to the charity, twice a year in June and December. All cash donations requested between May 1st and October 31st will be disbursed in December. All cash donations requested between November 1st and April 30th will be disbursed in June.
Please note, only shipments weighing 4 lbs or more of accepted food storage waste will receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- I've sent collections in to benefit a charity. Why didn’t I receive a check?
- You must redeem your points for a cash donation via your account in order for a check to be disbursed to the charity of your choice. Cash donations are mailed directly to the charity, twice a year in June and December. All cash donations requested between May 1st and October 31st will be disbursed in December. All cash donations requested between November 1st and April 30th will be disbursed in June.
- I forgot to select a charity during sign up. Can I still select one?
- Yes. You can select, add or change your preferred charities via your account on the TerraCycle website. Simply log into your account at www.terracycle.net and click on the "IMPACT" tab. To add a new preferred charity to your account, please select the "Manage Charities" link. Please note that during the checkout process when redeeming points, you will also be given a chance to choose an existing charitable gift and update or change your preferred charities. You can also call 1-866-967-6766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the charity name, address, contact person and Tax ID #.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
- Nope! You will be able to print pre-paid UPS shipping labels from our website through your online account. This will bring your Glad® Food Storage Brigade collections back to our factory to be recycled into TerraCycle eco-chic products! You win, we win, and the environment wins!
- How do I ship the packaging back to TerraCycle?
Option 1 (Eco Friendly way!): If you already have a reused box or bag, you can download your own pre-paid UPS return label by clicking the red “SHIP YOUR WASTE TO US” icon located on your account and select the Glad® Food Storage Brigade under the drop down menu. Print the pre-paid label and affix to the reused box or back and drop off at a local ups drop off location.
Option 2: You can also have us ship 2 UPS pre-paid return labels, by clicking “Send Me Mailing Labels.” Your pre-paid return labels will be shipped to your address. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery time. Delivery times may vary depending on your location.
- Is there a limit to how many pieces of packaging I can send in?
- There is no limit to the amount of packaging you can send in. As long as you have been sending in a slow, steady stream, you are doing well.
- I checked my status. Why is it incorrect?
- Please check back frequently to see your status update. If there is a serious problem with collections/donations status please call Customer Support at 1-866-967-6766 or e-mail email@example.com.
- How much will my organization be paid for food storage products?
Each item your location sends in will earn 2 points or $0.02 to the non-profit of your choice. Food storage products will be counted based on weight, using 0.01 as the average weight of one item.
However, please note, only shipments weighing 4 lbs or more of accepted food storage waste will receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- We are done collecting for the Glad® Food Storage Brigade Brigade, can we unsubscribe?
- Please log into your account on the TerraCycle website. Select the “BRIGADES” tab and then the option “Remove this Brigade” located under the Glad® Food Storage Brigade.
- What can I send in through this Brigade?
Please see the below image for examples of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You may download this image as a useful poster by clicking here.
Glad® Food Storage Brigade® accepted waste:
- Glad® ClingWrap or other brand plastic wrap
- Glad® Press’n Seal® wrap
- Glad® or other brand plastic food storage containers
- Glad® or other brand plastic food storage lids
- All types of Glad® or other brand food storage bags
- How do other Brigade participants collect Glad® food storage waste?
Unfortunately, we do not have a Spotlight Location for this Brigade program. For our full list of Spotlight Locations, please click here.
- What can I do to get more people to recycle with me?
To encourage more people to recycle with you, try using some of the resources specific to this Brigade:
You may also want to use the guides and posters found under the Tools & Resources section of the website.
- How many TerraCycle points will I be awarded?
To earn TerraCycle points, your shipments must weigh at least 4 lbs. If your shipment meets or exceeds the shipment size requirement, each piece of waste your location sends in will earn you about 2 TerraCycle points. Food storage products will be counted based on an average unit weight of 0.01 lbs.
- Do I need to clean the waste before I send it in?
No, you do not need to clean the waste before sending it in to TerraCycle. However, please remove as much of the remaining product as possible before shipping. And please remember, UPS will not accept dripping packages, so make sure your waste is dry prior to shipping.
- Can I only collect Glad®-branded food storage?
You may collect any brand of waste for this Brigade program. Please refer to the accepted waste poster for the types of waste that are accepted.