Brigade: Diaper Packaging Brigade
Timeline: May through December
Prize: Huggies brand diapers
How to Win: Collect the most diapers or be randomly selected each month.
Every year, millions of pieces of plastic diaper packaging end up in the garbage and then landfills. Huggies® Brand is partnering with TerraCycle® to help reduce the impact its packaging may have on the environment. As an eco-friendly innovator, TerraCycle is going to convert plastic waste diaper packaging into unique products.
For each approved plastic diaper packaging received, your collection location will be awarded two TerraCycle points. These points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, or for a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
Participating in this TerraCycle Brigade is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined the Diaper Packaging Brigade®, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough plastic diaper packaging to fill up a box or bag (approved waste is shown below). Remember to reuse a shipping box or bag and use eco-friendly padding.
- Download a free shipping label from terracycle.com. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE.” You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
For more detailed information please check out the Diaper Packaging Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Diaper Packaging Brigade Poster to help promote your efforts at your collection location.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Diaper Packaging Brigade accepted waste:
- Plastic diaper packaging
- Wipes outer plastic packaging
- Individual wipes packaging
HUGGIES is a registered trademark of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. 2011 KCWW. All rights reserved. For more information about other great Kimberly-Clark brands, visit www.Kimberly-Clark.com.