TerraCycle® has created the Inkjet and Toner Cartridge Brigade®, a free recycling program for all inkjet cartridges and select toner cartridges, as well as a fundraising opportunity for participants.
Participating is completely free and very easy. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by our brand partner. Simply follow the steps below to recycle your waste with us:
- Join the program by clicking on the black button at the top of the sidebar.
- Collect inkjet cartridges and select toner cartridges and fill up a box or bag. Remember that your shipments must contain at least 25 cartridges to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from your TerraCycle account. Click "Get Shipping Label" under the "Send Your Waste" option in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the free shipping label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
The Inkjet and Toner Cartridge Brigade accepts all inkjet cartridges and select toner cartridges. Please make sure you check the Accepted List of Toner Cartridges to see which toner cartridges you can send in through this Brigade.
Additionally, ink tanks will not be accepted. If you are unsure about what an ink tank looks like, simply review the Inkjet and Toner Cartridge Accepted Waste Poster.
TerraCycle points are an added incentive to our recycling programs. Please read the information below about earning TerraCycle points for this specific Brigade program.
- Your shipment must contain at least 25 cartridges.
- For each approved cartridge received, your collection location will be awarded the following TerraCycle points:
Inkjet cartridges - 30 points
Select toner cartridges - 75 points
- Please note that ink tanks are not accepted through this program. You will not earn TerraCycle points and they will not count towards the shipment size requirement for TerraCycle points.
TerraCycle points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, product bundles, or a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. For more information on our points program, click here.