Brigade: Lunch Kit Brigade
Timeline: January through December 2014
Prize: TerraCycle wristbands, storage bins, and certificates
How to Win: Send in qualifying shipments to count as entries. The bigger your shipment, the more entries you earn!
TerraCycle® and Lunchables® Lunch Combinations have partnered to create the Lunch Kit Brigade®, a free recycling program for lunch kit packaging and a fundraising opportunity for participants.
Participating is completely free and very easy. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by our brand partner. After joining the Lunch Kit Brigade, simply follow the steps below to recycle your waste with us:
- Join the program by clicking on the black button at the top of the sidebar.
- Collect lunch kit packaging and fill up a box or bag. To earn TerraCycle points, remember that your shipments must weigh over 4 lbs (about 115 pieces) to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from your TerraCycle account. Click "Get Shipping Label" under the "Send Your Waste" option in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the free shipping label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
The following types of packaging are accepted through the Lunch Kit Brigade.
Lunch Kit Brigade accepted waste:
- Lunch kit plastic trays and lids
- Lunch kit plastic film and outer wrapping
- Lunch kit content packaging
TerraCycle points are an added incentive to our recycling programs. Please read the information below about earning TerraCycle points for this specific Brigade program.
- Your shipment must weigh over 4 lbs (or approximately 115 pieces).
- You will be awarded two TerraCycle points for each unit of waste.
- Shipments may weigh less than 4 lbs, you simply will not earn TerraCycle points.
TerraCycle points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, product bundles, or a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. For more information on our points program, click here.