Every year millions of wrappers from kids' lunches end up in dumpsters and landfills across America. TerraCycle® and Lunchables® Lunch Combinations are working together to make a positive contribution to the environment by minimizing trash going to landfills.
The TerraCycle Lunch Kit Brigade® program allows all individuals and organizations to provide a second life for used lunch kits by sending them into TerraCycle. For each approved lunchkit received, your collection location will be awarded two TerraCycle points which can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts or for a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. Please click here to learn more about the TerraCycle Points Program!
Participating in a TerraCycle Brigade is totally free! There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by the program. Once you have joined the Lunch Kit Brigade®, simply follow the steps below to receive your TerraCycle points:
- Collect enough lunch kits to fill up a box or bag (approved waste is listed below). Remember, the waste does not need to be cleaned or stacked, and always try to reuse a shipping box or bag! Please note, you will need to send shipments that contain at least 5 lbs of acceptable waste in order to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a pre-paid shipping label from terracycle.com. To acquire a pre-paid label, simply access your TerraCycle account online, and click “SHIP US YOUR WASTE”. You can print them out yourself or request that TerraCycle send the label.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
For more detailed information please check out the Lunch Kit Brigade FAQ.
And to make collecting all your waste that much easier, download our helpful TerraCycle "Collect, Store and Ship Guide" for some tips and tricks that will make the collection process simple and mess-free. Also check out our Lunch Kit Brigade Poster and Lunch Kit Brigade Thermometer Poster to help promote your efforts and keep track of your collections.
Check out the image below to see some examples of the types of waste that are accepted through this Brigade program. You can also download this as a poster.
Lunch Kit Brigade accepted waste:
- Lunch kit plastic trays
- Lunch kit plastic lids
- Lunch kit plastic film and outer wrapping
- Lunch kit content packaging