Announcing public drop-off locations!
Now you can recycle your cereal bags right in your community. To see if you have a public drop-off location in your area, check out the map for the MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade.
Want to register a collection point in your area as a public drop-off location? Click here.
While Malt-O-Meal®, Three Sisters®, Bear River Valley®, and Sally's® brand cereals create 75% less packaging waste than comparably sized cereal boxes, they want to take their commitment to creating less packaging waste one step further by partnering with TerraCycle®. This partnership has created the MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade®, a free recycling program for cereal bags, as well as a fundraising opportunity for participants.
Participating is completely free and very easy. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by our brand partner. There are two ways to recycle your cereal bags.
Option 1: Collect from home or at your location
Simply follow the steps below to join this program and recycle your waste with us:
- Join the program by clicking on the black button at the top of the sidebar.
- Collect cereal bags and fill up a box or bag. Your shipments must weigh over 15 lbs to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from your TerraCycle account. Click "Get Shipping Label" under the "Send Your Waste" option in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the free shipping label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
Option 2: Bring your cereal bags to a public drop-off location
Find a public drop-off location for cereal bags in your area:
- View the public drop-off locations map.
- Locate a drop-off location in your area.
- Bring your cereal bags to that location!
If you would like to register a public drop-off location, click here to learn more and submit an application.
Please note: If you have your own personal TerraCycle account, you will not earn TerraCycle points towards your personal account when you bring your cereal bags to a drop-off location. Whoever the drop-off location is collecting on behalf of will earn those points.
View this map in full screen.
The following types of packaging are accepted through the MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade.
MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade accepted waste:
- Plastic cereal bags
- Plastic cereal bag liners
TerraCycle points are an added incentive to our recycling programs. Please read the information below about earning TerraCycle points for this specific Brigade program.
- Your shipment must weigh over 15 lbs.
- You will be awarded two TerraCycle points for each unit of waste.
- Shipments may weigh less than 15 lbs, you simply will not earn TerraCycle points.
TerraCycle points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, product bundles, or a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. For more information on our points program, click here.
- MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade Accepted Waste Poster
- MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade DIY Collection Bin Kit
- MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade Poster
- MOM Brands Cereal Bag Brigade FAQ
- Collect, Store, and Ship Guide
Want to know what happens to your cereal bags once they arrive at the TerraCycle facility? Check out the short video below!
Learn why MOM Brands wants you to Bag The Box® at www.BagTheBox.com.