Nespresso® Capsule Brigade® - FAQ
- Is there a limit to how many capsules I can send in?
- There is no limit to the number of Nespresso capsules you can send in. For information on how to send the capsules to us, please see the “Shipping Instructions” poster which you can download from the "RESOURCES" tab located on your account page.
- Who can sign up for the Nespresso Capsule Brigade®?
- Anyone can sign up for the Nespresso Capsule Brigade. Once all available slots are taken, you will be put on a waiting list.
- What do I need to sign up for the Nespresso Capsule Brigade?
You will need to provide the following:
1) A contact person to oversee the Nespresso Capsule Brigade at your location.
2) A valid email address.
3) A valid mailing address.
Once you are signed up for the program, log into your account on the TerraCycle website. Click the “GET SUPPLIES” button to request 10 black recycling bags from TerraCycle. You may also use any other plastic bag you have at home. Use these bags to collect the capsules, then reuse a shippable box and place the bags inside to ship. Reusing boxes will minimize your impact on the environment.
- Can my organization sign up more than once?
- No. Each individual or organization can only have one Nespresso Capsule Brigade account. Any additional duplicate accounts will be canceled to make room for other participants. If you have any questions, please call Nespresso Customer Service at 866-212-8481 or contact Nespresso Customer Service.
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
- If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab located on your account page and click "Edit My Profile". If you need further assistance or have questions please call Nespresso Customer Service 866-212-8481 or contact Nespresso Customer Service.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
- No, shipping is covered by Nespresso. You can print free, pre-paid UPS shipping labels on the TerraCycle site (www.terracycle.com) by logging in to your account. This allows you to send your Nespresso Capsule Brigade collections to TerraCycle to be recycled with one of our recycling partners to make new innovative metal products.
- How do I ship the capsules back to TerraCycle?
When you have filled 5 of the black Nespresso recycling bags that TerraCycle shipped to you, seal them tightly and place them in a shipping box of any size. You are encouraged to send back 5 completely full bags at a time since it is the most economical and environmentally-friendly method. You can send less or more than 5 at a time if necessary. If you do not wish to request the recycling bags, you may also use any other plastic bag you have at home.
Log in to your account and download your own pre-paid UPS shipping label by clicking the red “SHIP US YOUR WASTE” button located on your account. Select the Nespresso Capsule Brigade from the drop-down menu and follow the prompts to print. Print the pre-paid label and affix it to the shipping box. Then, drop the box off at any UPS location. When you need more black recycling bags, you can request them on the website.
- When we are done collecting for the Nespresso Capsule Brigade, can we unsubscribe?
- Yes, please log in to your account on the TerraCycle website, select the “BRIGADES” tab and then the option “Remove this Brigade” located under the Nespresso Capsule Brigade.
- Why is my collection status incorrect?
- Collection statuses sometimes take a bit of time to update as your shipment makes its way to us to be checked in. Your collections will appear on your status page as soon as they are checked in by TerraCycle. Please check back frequently. If you experience persistent delays in updates to your collection status, contact Nespresso Customer Service at 866-212-8481 contact Nespresso Customer Service.
- What kinds of capsules are acceptable to send in?
- We accept Nespresso capsules only. This can be either the Nespresso Consumer capsules or the Nespresso Professional (office/business) capsules.
- How do I request additional black recycling bags?
- If you need more black recycling bags, you can request them through the TerraCycle web site. You must be logged into your account and click on the “GET SUPPLIES” button.
- Am I able to join other TerraCycle Brigade programs?
- Yes! You are encouraged to sign up for any TerraCycle Brigade that has open spots listed. Click on the "Send Your Waste" button on the top left of the website and select "See All Brigades." You can then join any Brigade that has availability. If you join a Brigade that is full, you will be placed on a waitlist.
- Why do I have a "zero points" balance even though I already collected Nespresso capsules?
- Nespresso does not participate in the points program at this time. However, you will see your total capsules collected once you log into your account.