KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL*, a global leader in contamination control solutions for cleanrooms and laboratories, has partnered with TerraCycle to reduce the amount of waste generated in our nation’s laboratories, pharmaceutical cleanrooms, and scientific facilities.
This recycling program is the first large-scale recycling system to be implemented for non-traditional cleanroom waste, including disposable garments and nitrile gloves. Using an innovative recycling technique, TerraCycle is able to recycle the collected gloves into industrial plastic products, including plastic pallets.
KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL* customers can order the recycling program through approved distributors and receive a Welcome Kit with everything required to start recycling gloves in their facilities.
How to participate in the Nitrile Glove Brigade (click to expand/collapse)
**Please note that only locations that have been approved by a KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL* representative may participate**
- If you have been approved by a KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL* representative to collect nitrile gloves, click the “SIGN UP NOW” button.
- TerraCycle needs to confirm that your location has been approved to participate in this recycling program. This process can take up to 2 or 3 business days.
- Once confirmed, a TerraCycle representative will reach out to your location via email. Please have shipping details, such as hours of operations or lift gate requirements, readily available.
- A TerraCycle representative will ship a collection package (1 pallet of 144 collection boxes, posters, and EHS guidelines) to your location. Please note that this can take up to 2 or 3 business days.
- Begin collecting the nitrile gloves that are used at your location.
How to request a Nitrile Glove Brigade pick-up (click to expand/collapse)
**Please note that only locations that have been approved by a KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL* representative can request a pick-up**
- Ensure that your location has arranged 12 boxes on a pallet before requesting a pick-up. Boxes should be packed in six stacks that are two boxes high. Only pallets with 12 boxes are considered compliant. Please note that non-compliant shipments will be subject to additional fees.
- Email email@example.com to schedule a pick-up.
- To request additional collection packages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since the program’s launch in October 2011, participating cleanrooms and laboratories have sent in over tens of thousands of pounds of glove waste. An average participating location is collecting about 200 pounds of waste per week, which amounts to about five tons per year!
It is our continued goal to equip our customers with products and services that positively impact both their profitability and sustainability. Enabling pharmaceutical manufacturing and cleanroom facilities to now recycle gloves in addition to other cleanroom garments further extends our commitment to the customer and to the environment.
Randy Kates, Director of Global Scientific Business for Kimberly-Clark Professional