Flip-Flop Brigade® - FAQ
- We are done collecting for the Flip-Flop Brigade, can we unsubscribe?
- Please log into your account on the TerraCycle website. Select the “BRIGADES” tab and then the option “Remove this Brigade” located under the Flip-Flop Brigade.
- I checked my status. Why is it incorrect?
Please check back frequently to see your status update. If there is a serious problem with collection status please call Customer Support at 1-866-967-6766 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-866-967-6766 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will I receive payment for my donation?
- No. Instead of receiving TerraCycle points, your location will receive special incremental coupons. For each qualifying shipment of flip-flops, you'll be rewarded with a coupon for a FREE pair of Old Navy flip-flops plus 25 additional coupons, each worth $10 off your purchase of $40 or more. These coupons will be sent via postal mail to the address associated with your TerraCycle account.
- Is there a limit to how many flip-flops I can donate?
- There is no limit to the amount of flip-flops you can donate. However, we ask that you completely fill a reused shipping box or bag to minimize your impact on the environment.
- How do I ship the flip-flops back to TerraCycle?
You have two options for acquiring your pre-paid UPS return label. To either print, or have a label mailed to you, start by clicking the “SHIP US YOUR WASTE” button from your profile and selecting Flip-Flop Brigade under the drop down menu. You will then be presented with two options:
Option 1: Print the pre-paid label by selecting the “PRINT MY SHIPPING LABEL NOW” icon, and affix to the reused box or back and drop off at a local ups drop off location.
Option 2: You can also have us ship 2 UPS pre-paid return labels, by clicking “SEND ME A SHIPPING LABEL.” Your pre-paid return labels will be shipped to your address. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery time. Delivery times may vary depending on your location.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
Nope! You will be able to print pre-paid UPS shipping labels from our website through your online account. This will bring your Flip-Flop Brigade collections back to our factory to be recycled into TerraCycle other products! You win, we win, and the environment wins.
- Is there a minimum/maximum amount of flip flops to collect before I receive my coupons?
- You will only receive coupons for every shipment of about 10 pairs of flip-flops, or 20 individual flip-flops (or about 8 pounds), that we receive. Please note, you must send about 8 lbs of flip-flops in a single shipment to receive your coupons. For each qualifying shipment of flip-flops, you'll be rewarded with a coupon for a FREE pair of Old Navy flip-flops plus 25 additional coupons, each worth $10 off your purchase of $40 or more.
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab (located on your account) and then simply click "Edit My Profile". If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
- What do I need to sign up for the Flip-Flop Brigade?
You will need to provide:
- A contact person to oversee the Flip-Flop Brigade at your location
- A valid mailing address for the contact person (or his or her organization)
- A valid email address for the contact person
- Which states can participate in the TerraCycle Brigades?
- TerraCycle Brigade programs are open to all U.S. States EXCEPT for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico and sign-up for a Brigade, your account will be automatically deactivated and your location will not be able to print or request labels. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have Brigade programs running in those states and territories in the future.
- Who can sign up for the Flip-Flop Brigade?
- We welcome anyone from almost any organization to join in our recycling efforts! There are some practical considerations you should keep in mind. For example, our program is not designed to accommodate recycling centers.
- What are acceptable flip-flops?
We’re collecting rubber flip-flops of all shapes and sizes; however, we will not accept leather flip-flops, cloth flip-flops, sandals, or other forms of shoes.
If you would like to send in other types of shoes, please check out the Paired Shoe Brigade.
- Can I send in single or mismatched flip-flops?
- Yes. Your shipments are checked in by weight, so single and mismatched flip-flops will count towards your total weight. Shipments totaling 8 lbs or more will receive exclusive Old Navy coupons.