Brigade: Select Brigade programs (including this one!)
Timeline: July and August
Prize: 100 bonus points per shipment
How to Win: Send in shipments through qualifying Brigade programs!
TerraCycle® and Garnier® have partnered to create the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade®, a free recycling program for hair care, skin care, and cosmetic product packaging, as well as a fundraising opportunity for participants.
Participating is completely free and very easy. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by our brand partner. Simply follow the steps below to recycle your waste with us:
- Join the program by clicking on the black button at the top of the sidebar.
- Collect personal care and beauty product packaging and fill up a box or bag. To earn TerraCycle points, remember that your shipments must weigh over 10 lbs (about 200 pieces) to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from your TerraCycle account. Click "Get Shipping Label" under the "Send Your Waste" option in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the free shipping label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
The following types of packaging are accepted through the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade.
Personal Care and Beauty Brigade accepted waste:
- Hair care packaging such as shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray bottles and triggers, and hair paste plastic jars and caps
- Skin care packaging such as lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, face lotion bottles, tubes and plastic jars, body wash containers, soap tubes and dispensers, body lotion dispensers and bottles, shaving foam tubes (no cans), and hand lotion bottles and tubes
- Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging and bottles, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils
TerraCycle points are an added incentive to our recycling programs. Please read the information below about earning TerraCycle points for this specific Brigade program.
- Your shipment must weigh over 10 lbs (or approximately 200 pieces).
- You will be awarded two TerraCycle points for each unit of waste.
- Shipments may weigh less than 10 lbs, you simply will not earn TerraCycle points.
TerraCycle points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, product bundles, or a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. For more information on our points program, click here.
- Personal Care and Beauty Brigade Accepted Waste Poster
- Personal Care and Beauty Brigade DIY Collection Bin Kit
- Personal Care and Beauty Brigade Poster
- Personal Care and Beauty Brigade FAQ
- Collect, Store, and Ship Guide
Check out this awesome commercial by Brigade sponsor Garnier!