Important Incentive Notice for the Solo Cup Brigade
Going into 2015 we have an important incentive update for the Solo Cup Brigade. As a result of making a large investment in a new recycling facility that will recycle the Solo cups, our recycling partner will no longer be making the charitable donation for recycling. This means you will no longer earn two points per cup on shipments containing over 6 lbs. of waste.
This change will go into effect starting on February 1, 2015.
TerraCycle® and Solo Squared® have partnered to create the Solo® Cup Brigade®, a free recycling program for rigid, #6 plastic cups, and a fundraising opportunity for participants.
Participating is completely free and very easy. There are no signup or participation fees, and the shipping is covered by our brand partner. After joining the Solo Cup Brigade, simply follow the steps below to recycle your waste with us:
- Join the program by clicking on the black button at the top of the sidebar.
- Collect cups and fill up a box or bag. To earn TerraCycle points, remember that your shipments must weigh over 6 lbs (about 230 pieces) to receive the TerraCycle point donation.
- Download a free shipping label from your TerraCycle account. Click "Get Shipping Label" under the "Send Your Waste" option in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Ship the box to TerraCycle by affixing the free shipping label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
The following types of packaging are accepted through the Solo Cup Brigade.
Solo Cup Brigade accepted waste:
- ONLY #6 rigid plastic cups
TerraCycle points are an added incentive to our recycling programs. Please read the information below about earning TerraCycle points for this specific Brigade program.
- Your shipment must weigh over 6 lbs (or approximately 230 pieces).
- You will be awarded two TerraCycle points for each unit of waste.
- Shipments may weigh less than 6 lbs, you simply will not earn TerraCycle points.
TerraCycle points can be redeemed for a variety of charitable gifts, product bundles, or a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization or school of your choice. For more information on our points program, click here.