The Big CleanUP Contest - FAQ
- How do I sign up for TerraCycle?
It’s easy and completely free to sign up. Follow the simple steps below!
- Visit the sign up page to create a TerraCycle account.
- Complete the form and click “Submit.”
- When you log into your account, you must complete your profile before you can sign up for any Brigade programs. Simply click on the red link on the right hand side of your profile to edit your profile.
- After your profile is complete you can now sign up for Brigade programs and start collecting!
- What types of waste may I send in?
Any waste that you send in through the Brigade programs that you are currently signed up for will be counted towards the contest.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
Nope! You will be able to print pre-paid UPS shipping labels from our website through your online account. This will bring your collections back to our warehouse to be recycled into TerraCycle products! You win, we win, and the environment wins!
- How do I join a brigade?
From your TerraCycle account profile page, click “SEND US YOUR WASTE” in the navigation bar to be taken to our list of current Brigade programs. Click on a Brigade that interests you to read more about it.
When you are ready to join a Brigade, simply click the “JOIN NOW” button, which can be found at the top and bottom of the Brigade page.
Please note: Some Brigade programs are very popular, and we have established waitlists for these particular collection programs.
- When will the winners be announced?
- Winners will be announced on or around September 14th.
- Am I automatically entered into the contest if I already have a TerraCycle account?
No, you have to manually sign up by clicking “JOIN NOW” on bottom of the contest page.
- How do I ship the waste back to TerraCycle?
You have two options for acquiring your pre-paid UPS return label. To either print, or have a label mailed to you, start by clicking the “SHIP US YOUR WASTE” button from your profile and selecting the Brigade program that you are sending waste through from the drop down menu. Do not select “The Big CleanUP Contest.” Instead, you must select each Brigade that you plan to ship waste through.
After you select the Brigade through which you are shipping your waste, you will then be presented with two options:
Option 1: Print the pre-paid label by selecting the “PRINT MY SHIPPING LABEL NOW” icon, and affix to the reused box or back and drop off at a local ups drop off location.
Option 2: You can also have us ship 2 UPS pre-paid return labels, by clicking “SEND ME A SHIPPING LABEL.” Your pre-paid return labels will be shipped to your address. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery time. Delivery times may vary depending on your location.
- Will I receive points for my organization?
Yes, for every 1 point you receive from your approved shipment, TerraCycle will donate $0.01 to the charity or nonprofit organization of your choice. These points can also be converted into charitable gifts. The point deviation is determined by the Brigade that your organization is collecting for. For more information, visit the Brigade’s page on www.terracycle.com.