TerraCycle is a social enterprise that has fallen in love with the concept of garbage. We are determined to eliminate the idea of waste by making it possible to recycle items that are traditionally considered non-recyclable. We are a global pioneer in green business and are the largest processor of flexible packaging in the world. We are currently looking for a self-motivated, persistent and accountable Business Development Associate for the US market.
A young and growing company, we operate in 21 countries and have over 48,000,000 participants in our programs. We are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including: Staples, L’Oreal, Kraft, Nestle, Proctor & Gamble, British American Tobacco and E.J Gallo amongst others. We have already achieved significant media coverage and successfully generate over 17 articles a day globally.
This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field. The position is based in Trenton, NJ and will report to, and work closely with, the Global Director of Business Development.
The Business Development Associate will:
- Secure new business development partnerships for TerraCycle
- Research and evaluate potential new partners
- Reach out to potential new partners via e-mail & phone follow-up
- Develop client specific presentations
- Present the TerraCycle program to potential new partners in conjunction with the Global Director of Business Development
- Work with new partners on pricing & finalization of contracts
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint & Excel
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- 3+ years of sales or marketing experience
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry or experience with social enterprise is preferred
- Demonstration of negotiating and closing business opportunities or experience in brand building an asset
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, dental and vision plans (with partial employer subsidy)
- Generous paid time off
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.