TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer waste that is generally nonrecyclable. We recycle pens, toothbrushes, candy wrappers, cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that are either sent to landfill or incinerated. Headquartered in the US and operating in over 20 countries, we are a global pioneer in green business and the largest processor of flexible packaging in the world. Major companies contract with TerraCycle, to provide national recycling programs that are free to the public. These programs collect and recycle used products and packaging in schools, offices and through a wide variety NGO’s and other organizations.
We are currently looking for a strategic and self-motivated General Manager of TerraCycle Mexico, who will also serve as Director of Business Development. The General Manager will oversee a company that had 2013 revenue of nearly USD $1.5 million and will be responsible for all management functions, including team management, financial management and coordination with the global TerraCycle leadership team. Additionally, the General Manager will also serve the primary business development function and is responsible for developing and expanding TerraCycle’s programs with additional brands in Mexico.
Established in 2011, TerraCycle Mexico is already partnered major brands and retailers across Mexico, including: Bimbo, Mondelez, Colgate-Palmolive, Sabritas, Gamesa, Walmart and Cinepolis, amongst others. The company has won numerous awards and driven significant media coverage and consumer public participation across Mexico.
The position is based in the TerraCycle Mexico office in Monterrey and offers a unique opportunity a resourceful and motivated individual looking for exceptional opportunities in the sustainability field. The General Manager will be part of TerraCycle’s global management team and will receive support from TerraCycle’s senior global teamteam. The General Manager will report to Tom Szaky, TerraCycle’s CEO and to the Global VP of Business Development.
The General Manager/Business Development Manager will:
- After training and transition, serve as the General Manager of the Mexican business, overseeing staff, P&L and overall coordination with the US headquarters.
- Research and evaluate potential new partners
- Reach out to potential new partners via e-mail & phone follow-up
- Secure business development meetings
- Develop client specific presentations
- Present the TerraCycle program to potential new partners in conjunction with the Global VP or Global CEO
- Work with new partners on pricing & finalization of contract
- Oversee any pilot programs
- Identify new, out of the box opportunities for new waste steam collection
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both written and spoken
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel & PowerPoint
- An entrepreneurial spirit with 5+ years of sales or marketing experience
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry or experience with social enterprise is preferred
- Demonstration of negotiating and closing business opportunities or experience in brand building an asset
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time-off
Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of business communications to email@example.com.