TerraCycle is one of the fastest growing green companies in America and engages more than 20 million people at 100,000+ locations in 20 countries to collect non-recyclable waste. TerraCycle then turns the collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes.
The IT Manager has total responsibility for operations, maintenance and support of the IT environment at TerraCycle’s global office in Trenton, NJ. This is a hands-on technical role with management of two direct reports. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of systems and desktop support who will be comfortable identifying opportunities for improving our current systems. The ideal candidate works well in a fast paced environment and loves to troubleshoot complex problems.
The IT Manager is responsible for all aspects of TerraCycle’s IT infrastructure, including:
- Phones: Asterisk/Trixbox Phone system using Aastra 6730i and Polycom phones as well as Jitsi soft phones
- Email: Zimbra email platform hosted on AWS, including support on iPhone and Android platforms
- Primary purchasing for IT/networking
- Management of IT inventory
- Desktop support for a local team of 60 and global team of 100 associates
- Local Networking and Infrastructure:
o Desktop support for Windows and Mac Systems
o Vyatta Firewalls
o Ubuntu Linux servers
o HP Network printers
- Core Network
o Trendnet switches
o D-Link switches
o EnGenius Wifi Access Points
- Developing central authentication for local file system
- SAP hosted on external servers connected via Citrix
Over the coming 24 months, the candidate will also be responsible for managing a system build out for six international offices consisting of installing hardware (server, firewall, and VPN) and networking all international office phones through the the Asterisk/Trixbox platform.
- Networking experience, including demonstrated success with project management
- Experience with Asterisk phone system
- Experience with Zimbra mail system
- Linux system administration experience
The ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working with SAP
- SysAdmin experience
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
Benefits & Compensation
- Full time, salaried position commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match and employer subsidized health plan
Interested candidates should email jobs [at] terracycle [dot] com.