TerraCycle is one of the most dynamic green businesses in the US,. TerraCycle works with over sixty major brands to collect their hard to recycle post-industrial and post-consumer waste, mostly from packaging, and turns that waste into recycled plastics and “upcycled” products. In 2009 TerraCycle began expanding globally, and TerraCycle currently operates in 23 counties around Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
TerraCycle seeks to hire a Material Sourcing Associate who will be responsible for sourcing, managing, and driving the sales process of post-industrial waste from TerraCycle’s partners, working with R&D to develop waste applications, and providing support to the Materials Department. The Materials Department manages the difficult to recycle waste collected, and develops profitable outlets for the material.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage the relationship with external sales associates in North America (Canada and United States).
- Generate sales resources, training and processes for resale of TerraCycle services.
- Establish, review and maintain inventories for post-industrial waste supply streams.
- Source and quote post-industrial quantities and prices, as well as assist with location inventory management.
- Assist in forecasting of supply and demand.
- Manage and maintain QC processes.
- Ensure organization and communication of inbound material with TerraCycle teams, including Materials, Operations, and R&D.
- Work on analysis of post-industrial waste composition with R&D team.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with suppliers/partners.
- 20% travel required.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Engineering, Accounting/Finance, Environmental Studies, Logistics preferred).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well being comfortable in conversation about green business.
- Passion for sales and relationship building.
- Desire and patience to constantly improve every area of responsibility while completing the task at hand.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Problem-assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Negotiation and analytical skills.
- High energy team player.
- Full time, salaried position commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- 401 (k) with company match
- Health, vision and dental benefits available
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Christian Tucker at Christian [dot] Tucker [at] TerraCycle [dot] com.