TerraCycle is one of the most dynamic green businesses in the US, named “The Coolest Little Startup in America” by INC Magazine. TerraCycle works with over fifty major brands to collect their hard to recycle post-consumer waste, mostly from packaging, and turns that waste into recycled plastics and “upcycled” products. In 2009 TerraCycle began expanding globally, and TerraCycle currently operates in 22 counties around Europe and the Americas.
Market Analyst Internship
The Materials Team is looking for a highly motivated intern to help develop exciting new business opportunities for the plastic TerraCycle continuously collects. In this position you will be regularly conducting market research to identify potential business partnerships for TerraCycle and analyze pricing in a fluctuating plastic market. In addition, you will develop possible solutions for the plastic waste and ways to incorporate it into usable products. By the end of the internship you will have been taught how to research future business opportunities, and understand the development of recycled waste from collection to implantation into a finish product.
- Must be outgoing, energetic, and have a desire for recycling
- Education: college undergraduate, or grad student (Engineering, Accounting/Finance, Business Admin, Environmental Studies, Logistics preferred)
- Experience with MS Office software including MSWord and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent internet research skills
- The internship will take place during Summer '13 (dates will vary)
- Applicants must have a personal laptop
- Internship is unpaid, but lunch will be provided
- Academic credit can be arranged in conjunction with your college/university
- Applicants will be expected to be on-site in Trenton, NJ for the program
- Minimum of 15 hours per week required
Interested candidates should email their resume, a cover letter indicating what excites you about TerraCycle, and one reference (phone number and email address) to Stephen Katz at Stephen.Katz@Terracycle.net.
All Applications are due by May 6th.