About TerraCycle (www.terracycle.com):
Come work for the company that received Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2012 award for #1 innovative company in the environmental category and that has been defined as “one of the most brilliant companies of the year.” TerraCycle is one of the fastest growing green companies in America and engages more than 25 million people at 120,000+ locations in 22 countries to collect non-recyclable waste. TerraCycle then turns the collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials. Collection locations include non-profits, schools, offices, community groups, and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes.
About the Publicist/Writer position:
TerraCycle is seeking a full-time Publicist and Writer to join the Communications Team based in Trenton, N.J. The associate will be required to assist the U.S. Director of PR to create, implement and report on the myriad media campaigns the team conducts. These responsibilities will include drafting press releases, pitches and media outreach strategies in advance of campaigns, followed by daily work pitching and working with a wide-range of media from blogs to newspapers to radio stations. The other major responsibility will be to work with the Global VP, Communication to develop, ghostwrite and upload various blogs for 3rd party media TerraCycle provides with content. The ideal candidate for this position will be an excellent communicator and writer, possess a developed ability to research and pitch journalists, and be a motivated self-starter able to multi-task across various functions on a daily basis.
Location: Trenton, N.J.
Position title: Publicist/Writer
Reports to: Global VP, Communications in New Jersey
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k with employer match, subsidized lunch program
Major responsibilities include:
- Developing relevant topics, ghostwriting and uploading high-quality blog posts for 3rd party websites like Treehugger.com, Industry Intel, Packaging Digest and Inc. Magazine.
- Creating press releases, media outreach strategies and media pitches.
- Conducting media outreach via phone and email to print, broadcast and online journalists.
- Creating media outreach lists using the Cision Media Database platform.
- Managing TerraCycle’s various media reporting system using WordPress and Excel.
- Assisting in the client management for TerraCycle’s partners.
- Some minor (paid) travel or event management at trade/consumer shows.
- Tracking and reporting ROI of partnerships for TerraCycle and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication and research skills are a must.
- Developed writing skills allowing for seamless transition from technical to consumer-friendly writing.
- Experience working with journalists and bloggers.
- Expertise using the Microsoft Suite (esp. Word and Excel) software is essential.
- Knowledge of public relations, social media, and other marketing tactics.
- Experience pitching, cold-calling or phone banking is preferred but not required.
- Experience using a blogging platform like WordPress, Blogger, Moveable Type is preferred.
- Preferably 1 – 3 years experience working in-house or at a PR agency.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred.
- Ideal candidate is a creative, hard-working, self-starter who thrives on under pressure while multi-tasking.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, CV and writing sample to Albe [at] terracycle [dot] com.