TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer waste that is generally considered non-recyclable. We recycle everything from pens, toothbrushes, candy wrappers, to cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that would otherwise be sent to landfills or incinerated. Headquartered in Trenton, NJ and operating in 25 countries, we are a global pioneer in green business and the largest processor of flexible packaging in the world. Major companies contract with TerraCycle, to provide national recycling programs that are free to the public. These programs collect and recycle used products and packaging in schools, offices and through a wide variety NGO’s and other organizations.
The Zero Waste team is looking for a Sales Associate to support their efforts in developing and expanding the Zero Waste Box Program. Through the Zero Waste Box Program we empower businesses and consumers to achieve Zero Waste by purchasing boxes for specific types of waste that are traditionally non-recyclable. We are adding new waste streams all of the time and continuously developing our marketing and sales strategies. The Sales Associate will build partnerships with commercial brands, companies who sell products through catalogs and retailers. Additionally, the associate will work with other departments to craft and develop sales resources to further the sales process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential partners who need waste solutions for their products,
- Obtain contact information for key players at prospective businesses,
- Initiate e-mail and phone contact with people at target businesses,
- Build,track, and maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with internal departments to generate custom pricing and sales resources.
- BA/BS preferred
- 1-3 years of experience
- Track record of success in a sales role
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrate empathy and commitment to the client, proven ability to manage expectations
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- High energy team player
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “ZWB -Sales Associate” to Rhandi Goodman at: email@example.com