JOIN THE COMPANY THE NEW YORK TIMES CALLED "THE GOOGLE OF GARBAGE"
About TerraCycle (www.terracycle.com):
Come work for the company that received Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2012 award for #1 company in the environmental category and that has been defined as “one of the most brilliant companies of the year.” TerraCycle is one of the fastest growing green companies in America and engages more than 20 million people at 100,000+ locations in 21 countries to collect non-recyclable waste. TerraCycle then turns the collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials. Collection locations include non-profits, schools, offices, community groups, and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes.
About the Strategic Partnership Associate position:
TerraCycle is seeking a full-time Strategic Partnership Associate to join the PR/Marketing Team based in Trenton, NJ. The Associate will lead outreach to non-profit organizations on a national and local level and will carry out relationship management with active non-profit partners. The Strategic Partnership Associate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and overseeing the execution of strategic partnerships between TerraCycle and non-profits, community groups, and NGOs, in order to drive participation in TerraCycle’s collection programs and further increase environmental and social impact. The ideal candidate for this position will be an excellent communicator and motivator, have a sharp mind and tuned research skills, have demonstrated initiative and a capacity to follow through, and be a creative idea generator.
Location: Trenton, NJ
Position title: Strategic Partnership Associate
Reports to: Global VP, Media Relations in New Jersey
Salary: $35,000+ (depending on experience)
Benefits: Healthcare, 401k, subsidized lunch program
Major responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of TerraCycle’s first strategic plan to actively engage non-profit organizations as partners.
- Researching non-profits to become strategic partners of TerraCycle.
- Conducting outreach to local, regional, and national non-profit organizations to create, maintain, and grow strategic partnerships.
- Crafting all relevant assets needed to secure these relationships – pitches, Powerpoint presentations, etc.
- Managing internal oversight of the partnerships, including the creation of necessary documents for on boarding of relevant TerraCycle departments to ensure successful maintenance of non-profit partnerships.
- Carrying out day-to-day account management of established strategic partnerships.
- Creating partnership proposals to present opportunities for our Corporate Sponsors to work with our partner non-profits.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the non-profit partnerships, and tracking and reporting ROI of partnerships for TerraCycle and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Experience working with non-profits is a strongly preferred, especially in the areas of environment, fundraising, or education.
- Expertise using Powerpoint and other Microsoft Suite software is essential.
- Knowledge of Public Relations, Social Media, and other marketing tactics is preferred but not required.
- Experience cold-calling or phone banking is preferred but not required.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, CV, sample Powerpoint, and writing sample to Albe@terracycle.com.