TerraCycle currently engages more than 20 million people to collect non-recyclable waste at 90,000 locations in over 21 countries. TerraCycle then turns the collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups, and a wide variety of other organizations and individual homes.
We are currently piloting ways to collect additional raw materials from communities and organizations by focusing on increasing collections in local communities.
About the Position:
TerraCycle is seeking a motivated, well-organized and dynamic individual to join our team as a Community Engagement Coordinator. The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing local collection programs in New Jersey that will subsequently be used as a model for national expansion.
The position is responsible for managing all aspects of the pilot program design and implementation, including developing a project plan, building awareness within local communities and coordinating the pickup of collected material.
Candidates can expect both office and field work, including significant community outreach, in addition to managing project details.
This position presents an opportunity to develop an innovative solution to waste that is an extension of TerraCycle’s award winning Brigade programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop a project plan for the expansion of a pilot program currently running in Hamilton, NJ
- Manage all aspects of the pilot program expansion, including identifying potential collection points, deploying and servicing collection boxes and managing centralized collection centers
- Identify opportunities and conduct outreach to local communities to raise awareness of TerraCycle within the community with a focus on schools, local organizations, community events, and retail locations.
- Pick up shipments from existing collection locations
- Increase collections from existing TerraCycle participants
- Analyze pilot results and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop plan for national expansion after successful pilot
- Hire and manage additional Representatives as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous project management experience
- Strong organization skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have reliable transportation
- Salaried position at $35,000 annually
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Competitive benefits package
Start date - Open immediately
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line:Community Engagement Coordinator.