TerraCycle is one of the most dynamic green businesses in the US, named “The Coolest Little Startup in America” by Inc Magazine. On behalf of over fifty major brands, TerraCycle collects branded non-recyclable post-consumer waste, mostly packaging waste, and turns that waste into new “eco-friendly” products and materials.
In 2009, TerraCycle began expanding globally and has since expanded rapidly into 22 countries in the EU, North and South America. TerraCycle seeks to hire a U.S. Operations Manager to support and develop the growing infrastructure and to act as a link to the global operations teams. The Operations department manages a wide variety of activities including Inventory, Purchasing, Production, Logistics, Supply Chain, Systems and more. We are seeking a qualified individual to manage US Operations including purchasing, freight, inventory, supply chain, facilities and SAP administration.
In the role you will be expected to:
- Direct each area of operations through strong communication, initiative, leadership, task management, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Manage day to day tasks and transactions while working to improve operational and long term performance of the company across the operation.
- Operate and implement systems and methods to achieve better control of purchasing, inventory, project management, production and logistical needs.
- Procurement and Vendor Management
- Facilities management
- SAP transactions for purchasing, sales, production and inventory
- Budget Forecasting & Reconciliation
- Cost Analysis
- Systems administration
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Logistics Development & Optimization Support
The U.S. Operations Manager will report directly to the Global Vice President of Operations.
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities.
Some experience in transportation is preferred.
Salary dependent upon experience.
Generous paid vacation and employer subsidized health plan.
Start date - Open immediately
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use subject line: U.S. Operations Manager