Hamilton, NJ Chip Bag Brigade - Preguntas
- Who can participate in the Chip in for Change?
- All residents of Hamilton, NJ are encouraged to participate in the Chip in for Change chip bag collection.
- What if I’m on the waitlist for the Chip Bag Brigade, can I still participate?
- Absolutely! The Chip Bag Brigade and the Hamilton Chip in for Change program are completely separate collection programs even though you are collecting the same waste stream.
- How do I sign up for the Chip in for Change?
- If you are not already a TerraCycle member, simply create an account on the TerraCycle website and click ”Join Now” at the bottom of the Chip in for Change webpage, which can be found at www.terracycle.com/chip-in.
- How long will the Hamilton Chip in for Change program last?
- This program will be available from July 10, 2012 until October 31, 2012.
- What kinds of chip bags are accepted in this program?
We accept any brand and any size chip bag in the Hamilton Chip in for Change collection program.
Please be sure that you have removed all crumbs from your chip bags prior to dropping them off.
- If I don’t want to bring my chip bags to a collection location, do I have to pay for shipping to send my chip bags to TerraCycle?
- Nope! If you are enrolled in the Hamilton Chip in for Change program, you will be able to print pre-paid UPS shipping labels right from your computer through your online account. TerraCycle will turn your chip bag collections into unique recycled products such as trash cans and park benches. You win, we win, and the environment wins!
- Can I drop off my chip bags at a collection location in my town?
Yes! There will be a variety of drop-off locations throughout Hamilton, NJ. These locations will be mostly public places such as retail stores and community buildings. For a complete list of acceptable Chip in for Change drop off locations, please visit www.terracycle.com/chip-in.
- What if I want to become a Hamilton Chip in for Change collection location?
- You can join the hundreds of businesses throughout Hamilton who have become an official TerraCycle Chip in for Change collection location. Joining is simple and completely free. The only requirement is that your business must be located in Hamilton, NJ. All locations will be provided with an official Chip in for Change collection bin, Chip in for Change informative and promotional materials, and a TerraCycle Servicing team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your office/business name, type of location (school, supermarket, etc), and contact information and a TerraCycle Chip in for Change Representative will contact you shortly.
- Is there a donation associated with this program?
Yes! For all shipments sent to TerraCycle that contain between 500 and 1,000 chip bags, you will earn one TerraCycle point per chip bag.
For all shipments sent to TerraCycle that contain over 1,000 chip bags, you will earn two TerraCycle points per chip bag.
Remember, every chip bag that is collected will help Hamilton, NJ and the environment; therefore, we will accept shipments of all sizes, no matter how small.
- Will I earn points if I use the drop-off locations instead of a pre-paid shipping label from my account?
- If you choose to use the drop-off locations, your account will not earn points for what you collect. However, for every 50,000 bags collected, one of the Hamilton, NJ drop-off locations will be selected at random and given the opportunity to choose one Hamilton-based community organization or charity to receive a $250.00 cash prize.
- How much will Hamilton earn through Chip in for Change?
- For every 50,000 bags collected, one of the Hamilton, NJ drop off locations will be selected at random and given the opportunity to choose one Hamilton-based community organization or charity to receive a $250.00 cash prize!
- Where can I find information on the success of this program?
- There will be a thermometer tracking the collection progress at a location to be determined. You can also check the success of the program online at www.terracycle.com/chip-in.
- Will I be put on the regular Chip Bag Brigade when this program ends?
- Unfortunately, participating in the Chip in for Change does not put you in the regular Chip Bag Brigade. These programs are separate and completely unrelated. The Hamilton, NJ Chip in for Change will run from July 10 to October 31, after which point you may no longer send in chip bags through this program.
- Can I take my chip bags to a Chip in for Change drop off location after October 31st?
- Unfortunately, you may not bring your chip bags to drop-off locations after the Chip in for Change is over. Once the Chip in for Change program ends on October 31st, it is at the discretion of the location as to whether they wish to continue collecting chip bags for the regular Chip Bag Brigade. Please contact the specific business or drop-off location directly for more information.