PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally - Step 1 - Preguntas
- Who can sign up for the PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally?
- For the pilot program, only schools that have been contacted by PepsiCo and TerraCycle may participate.
- Why was I selected to participate in the PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally pilot program?
- Your school was selected because you have tried to participate in the Dream Machine Recycle Rally in the past. Using this pilot program, PepsiCo and TerraCycle are working to bring this unique recycling program to areas in the United States that were previously inaccessible.
- What do I need to sign up for the PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally pilot program?
You will need to provide:
- A contact person to oversee the program at your location
- A valid email address
- A valid mailing address
If you choose to redeem your points towards a non-profit or charity of your choice, you will also need the mailing address and contact information for the 501(c)3 charity and its Federal Tax ID number. (Please note: The Federal Tax ID number will be formatted XX-XXXXXXX. Please be sure that you do not have the state sales tax exempt number). If you do not have your own charity, you can choose to redeem your points towards one of TerraCycle’s charitable gifts.
- Can my school or organization sign up more than once?
- No. Each school can only sign up for the PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally pilot program once.
- What if my information changes or needs to be updated?
- If for any reason you need to change or update your information, please select the PROFILE tab (located on your account page) and then simply click: “Edit My Profile”. If you still need assistance or have questions please contact Danny Victory at 1 (609) 393-4252 X3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where should I set up our collection bins?
- Collection bins should be set up in a popular area of your school where bottles and cans are normally used and disposed of. For example, bins should be placed in the cafeteria and teachers’ lounge.
- What kinds of bottles and cans are accepted?
- Non-alcoholic #1 PET plastic bottles and non-alcoholic aluminum cans are accepted through the program.
- How do I prevent my collection bin from leaking or getting dirty?
- We suggest you use a liner or trash bag to prevent leakage and to minimize smells. For more information, please refer to the “Collect, Store, and Ship Guide.”
- Do I need to crush the bottles or cans?
- Yes. In order to ship the bottles and cans to TerraCycle, it is imperative that the items are crushed.
- Do I have to pay for shipping?
- Nope! You will be able to print pre-paid UPS shipping labels from our website through your online account. This will allow your PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally collections to be recycled into other products! You win, we win, and the environment wins!
- How do I download a free shipping label?
- If you already have a reused box, you can download your own free, pre-paid UPS return label by clicking the red “SHIP US YOUR WASTE” button located on your account and select the PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally under the drop down menu.
- How do I ship the crushed bottles and cans?
- In order to ship, place your crushed bottles and cans in a re-used shipping box that is lined with a plastic garbage bag. Seal up the box when it is completely full affix the pre-paid postage label and dropping it off at a UPS location.
- What types of rewards are offered for collecting?
Once you have sent in at least two shipments of cans and bottles during a single month…
- You will receive 500 TerraCycle points.
- You will be eligible to receive a hand compactor to make shipping easier.
Once you have collected at least 3,000 cans and bottles during a single month…
- You will receive 10,000 bonus TerraCycle points.
- You will begin earning one TerraCycle point for every 10 bottles and cans collected at your location.
- You will be eligible to receive a set of five collection pallets.
- Is there a limit to how many bottles and cans I can send in?
- There is no limit to the amount of bottles and cans that you can send in. Remember, all bottles and cans must be crushed before shipping and you can earn valuable tools for high collection volumes.
- I’ve sent collections in to benefit a charity. Why didn’t I receive a check?
- You must redeem your points for a cash donation via your account in order for a check to be disbursed to the charity of your choice. Please note that there is a minimum of 1,000 points or $10 needed for each cash donation. Cash donations are mailed directly to the charity, twice a year in June and December. All cash donations requested between May 1st and October 31st will be disbursed in December. All cash donations requested between November 1st and April 30th will be disbursed in June.
- I forgot to select a charity during sign up. Can I still select one?
- Yes. You can select, add or change your preferred charities via your account on the TerraCycle website. Simply log into your account at www.terracycle.com and click on the “MY IMPACT” tab. To add a new preferred charity to your account, please select the “Manage Charities” link. Please note that during the check-out process when redeeming points you will also be given a chance to choose an existing charitable gift and update or change your preferred charities.
- I checked my status. Why is it incorrect?
- Please check back frequently to see your status update. If there is a serious problem with your collection status, please contact Danny Victory at 1 (609) 393-4252 X 3111 or email email@example.com.
- What if we want to be removed from the PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally?
- If you no longer wish to participate in the PepsiCo Dream Machine Recycle Rally, please contact Danny Victory at 1 (609) 393-4252 X 3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.