TerraCycle (terracycle.com) s the world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, toothbrushes, candy wrappers, juice pouches and cigarette butts. We create collection and solution systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to landfill. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes. TerraCycle then turns collected waste into a wide variety of products and materials. Our headquarters is in Trenton NJ and the company operates in 23 countries.
TerraCycle was founded in 2001 by Tom Szaky, then a 20-year-old Princeton University freshman, since Tom’s vision has become one of the fastest-growing green companies in the world. Tom has won numerous awards for his eco leadership and social entrepreneurship.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team in our Trenton, NJ location.
This position is responsible for supporting the Controller with the general accounting of the US operations, performing the accounting for two small foreign subsidiaries, working on special projects and process improvement.
- Perform hands on accounting and reporting for two of our smaller foreign subsidiaries (possibly more on a short-term basis when they are initially incorporated and in the start-up phase) and liaising with both foreign accounting firms to ensure compliance as well as with foreign personnel for financial information
- Assist controller with year-end audit of TerraCycle Inc, and subsidiaries by completing various analysis and schedules and gathering documentation
- Assist controller in preparation of schedules and analysis for use in completion of corporate tax return
- Monthly preparation of account analysis, roll forward analysis and reconciliations including companywide intercompany account reconciliation
- Implementation of various modules in SAP as well as implementation of new databases in SAP as new subsidiaries are established
- Review proposals and provide input for outsourcing certain foreign subsidiary accounting to one global firm
- Review of contracts and other documents to ensure proper compliance (i.e. invoicing, revenue recognition, expense recording)
- Ensure foreign subsidiary compliance with timely reporting and closing (i.e. ensure that no late journal entries have been made at year end once we have received final data)
- Partnership accounting for newly created subsidiary
- Provide feedback to controller and CFO regarding process improvement and cost savings
- Assist with yet to be identified projects on an as needed basis
- Ability to perform research and implement new accounting practices that would need to be followed when new situations arise (i.e. partnership accounting)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum seven years hands-on accounting experience working for a multinational corporation
- Experience in start-ups or young, small companies
- Experience with consolidations, foreign currency transactions, acquisition accounting and partnership accounting preferred
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Some experience / knowledge with / of US tax regulations and compliance
- Experience using a major accounting software system (Great Plains, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) skills
- Ability to work independently while keeping supervisor abreast of issues and progress
- Problem solver, ability to think outside the box
- Sound administrative and time management skills, effective communication skills and strong ethical behavior and business practices
- Strong hands-on approach in dealing with issues
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- 401K and match
- Health benefits package available
Please submit your cover letter, salary requirement and resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
No candidate will be considered unless s/he provides salary requirements in the cover letter.