TerraCycle is one of the most dynamic green businesses in the US, named “The Coolest Little Startup in America” by Inc Magazine. On behalf of over fifty major brands, TerraCycle collects branded non-recyclable post-consumer waste, mostly packaging waste, and turns that waste into new “eco-friendly” products and materials.
In 2009, TerraCycle began expanding globally and has since expanded rapidly into 22 countries in the EU, North and South America. TerraCycle seeks to hire a Pricing Associate to support on pricing development and act as general support to the operations team. The Operations department manages a wide variety of activities including Pricing, Inventory, Purchasing, Product Development, Logistics, Supply Chain, Systems and more. We are seeking a motivated individual to perform a costplus pricing process for our 22 global markets.
In the role you will be expected to:
- Work with global sales team to fulfill pricing requests
- Utilize pricing tools to construct pricing based on our standard cost-plus pricing process
- Effectively communicate cost models and margin assumptions to all relevant parties including Sales, Finance and Operations
- Gain a solid understanding of the company’s costs as related to actual performance
- Support the ongoing development of TerraCycle’s pricing processes
- Support the Operations team in new product development
- Fulfill product pricing requests daily
- Provides sales quotes to be used for final customer proposals
- Maintain filing and storage of all relevant proposals, quotes etc
- Complete regular cost performance analysis
- Work with Global Operations staff to vet cost assumptions in all 22 markets on a regular quarterly basis.
- Regularly support Global Operations team in the development of custom products
- Complete basic level SAP transactions.
- Review Brigade program metrics to aid in product development and efficiencies.
The Operations Associate will report directly to the Global Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with coworkers
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Desire and patience to constantly improve every area of responsibility while completing the task at hand
- Strong understanding of logistics, supply chain management, and economics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret spreadsheets, financial reports
Some experience in financial analysis preferred.
Salary dependent upon experience
Generous paid vacation and employer subsidized health plan
Start date – Open immediately
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line: Operations Associate