TerraCycle is one of the most dynamic green businesses in the US, named “The Coolest Little Startup in America” by Inc Magazine. On behalf of over fifty major brands, TerraCycle collects branded non-recyclable post-consumer waste, mostly packaging waste, and turns that waste into new “eco-friendly” products and materials.
In 2009, TerraCycle began expanding globally and has since expanded rapidly into 22 countries in the EU, North and South America. TerraCycle seeks to hire a U.S. Operations Associate to support and develop the growing infrastructure and to act as a link to the global operations teams. The Operations department oversees a wide variety of activities including Inventory, Purchasing, Production, Logistics, Supply Chain, Systems and more. We are seeking a qualified individual to oversee US Operations including purchasing, freight, inventory, supply chain, facilities and SAP administration.
In the role you will be expected to:
- Oversee day to day responsibilities in each area of operations through strong communication, initiative, task management, teamwork, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Oversee day to day tasks and transactions while working to improve operational and long term performance of the company across the operation.
- Execute operational processes to maintain consistent control of purchasing, inventory, order fulfillment and logistics.
- SAP transactions for purchasing, sales, and inventory
- Booking and tracking freight traffic
- Budget Forecasting & Reconciliation
- Cost Analysis
- Inventory management
The U.S. Operations Associate will report directly to the Director of US Operations.
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with coworkers, clients, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to effectively execute detailed written procedures for purchasing, sales and freight transactions.
- Ability to independently assess problems and work effectively with management to develop and implement action plans for solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly.
- Desire and patience to constantly improve every area of responsibility while completing the task at hand.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret spreadsheets, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office software and knowledge of inventory and order processing systems
Some experience in transportation preferred.
Salary dependent upon experience
Generous paid vacation and employer subsidized health plan
Start date – Open immediately
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use subject line: U.S. Operations Associate