WHO WE ARE
TerraCycle is one of the most dynamic green businesses in the World. On behalf of over fifty major brands, TerraCycle collects non-recyclable waste, mostly post-consumer packaging, and turns that waste into new “eco-friendly” productsand materials.
TerraCycle was elected “Coolest Startup in America” by Inc. and was listed a one of the “7 world-changing companies to watch” by Fortune in 2016.
We are seeking to hire an Operations Manager to lead Circular Economy projects, build TerraCycle recycling capabilities, and oversee our day-to-day operations in Australia and New Zealand.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Managers will report directly to the General Manager of TerraCycle ANZ and work closely with the VP of Operations located at our Trenton HQ (USA). This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field.
Recycling Supply Chain
- Working with TerraCycle R&D team to develop innovative recycling solutions and then research and build a supply chain for products and packaging to be recycled within ANZ
- Set up strategic partnerships with processing companies, discuss process and requirements and negotiate recycling partnerships for specific materials with agreed payment per tonne.
- Identify and then research the machinery and equipment required for the specific recycling processes (shredders, extruders etc.)
- Work on ad-hoc projects such as coffee cup recycling, beach plastic collection, regulation research etc.
- Identify product manufacturers, work on feasibility, negotiate prices and manage relationship with vendors to make sure that products are delivered on time and are meeting our client’s expectations
- Provides sales quotes to be used for final customer proposals
- Maintain filing and storage of all relevant proposals, quotes etc.
Finance and day-to-day operations
- Manage relationships with our warehouse and logistic partners
- Complete reporting, cost analysis, accounting duties and office management
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Switched on with a “get things done” attitude
- Confident negotiator and ability to manage suppliers
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret spreadsheets, financial reports
- Enthusiastic team player and positive attitude, able to integrate our small team in Sydney as well as to work with a virtual team in the US, Japan and Europe
- Genuine interest in environmental issues
- Flexibility, ability to multitask, able to work independently and exercise initiative (travels within Australia and overseas will be requested)
- Previous work experience in Waste Management, Account or Finance would be a plus, but is not essential
- Need full rights to work in Australia
- Based in Sydney (Surry Hills)
- Start date – ASAP
- Min. 3 year experience. Salary dependent upon experience. Generous paid vacation
- Instruction to apply - Please send CV and a cover letter including salary expectations and date of availability to: [email protected] . Applications that do not follow those instructions will not be answered.