Operating in 21 countries, TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the Idea of Waste®.
We are the world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as cigarette butts, pens, baby diapers and coffee capsules. TerraCycle works with major FMCG companies to make recycled products, such as the world’s first shampoo bottle made from ocean plastic. More recently, we launched the zero-waste retail platform Loop. Since its announcement at the World Economic Forum, Loop was featured on national TV and in over 3,000 publications around the world.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding and driven Head of Public Relations and Communications who will be responsible for continuing to raise the profile of TerraCycle in Australia and New Zealand.
Acting as the “voice of TerraCycle”, the Head of Public Relations and Communications will lead a team to design and deliver the public relations strategy to ensure increased media coverage and consistent communications across all our channels (e.g. EDMs, social media, events).
The role offers the opportunity work in close collaboration with high profile brand partners (e.g. Colgate) as well as to join a unique sustainability organisation which has grown dramatically in the last five years.
- Design and implement Public Relation campaigns to promote TerraCycle and our programs in Australia and NZ
- Work with our brand partners to design and deliver public relation campaigns
- Manage a team of 3 people including: one Public Relations Manager, one Customer Support Representative and one Public Relations intern
- Work with our strategic partners (e.g. Keep Australia Beautiful) to design and deliver joint activations
- Work closely with our General Manager, Account Managers and Marketing Associates internally
- Travel occasionally interstate and New Zealand to represent TerraCycle
- Collaborate with teams overseas in the US, Europe and Japan
- Deep understanding of the Australian media landscape and ability to run national PR campaigns from start (e.g. client brief) to finish (e.g. reporting). The candidate will have to show results from past public relations campaigns with min. 5 years’ experience in Public Relations
- Genuine interest in sustainability, the environment and circular economy
- Leadership skills to coach and motivate the Public Relations team
- Work experience at a PR agency or fast paced media or business environment is highly desirable
- Ability to work to a deadline within a fast-paced environment. Able to work independently as well as part of a team. Must be thorough and detailed oriented
- Tertiary qualified in marketing, public relations, media communications or equivalent field
- Team player, fun and hard worker
- Based in Sydney (Surry Hills)
- Ideal start date: August 19
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter which should include: availabilities, salary expectations and working rights to [email protected]