Operating in 20 countries, TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the Idea of Waste®. We are a leading company in the Circular Economy, recycling traditionally non-recyclable waste, such as cigarette butts, pens, toothbrushes and coffee capsules.
TerraCycle works with major FMCG companies to make recycled products, such as the world’s first shampoo bottle made from ocean plastic. More recently, TerraCycle launched the zero-waste retail platform Loop, which was listed as one of the top inventions of 2019 by Time Magazine. In 2019, TerraCycle also ranked #5 on Fortune’s Change the World list.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This newly created role offers the opportunity to join a fast-growing team and contribute to the smooth running of a fast-paced environmental business. TerraCycle is looking for a driven individual who will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Operations department. The Operations Assistant will report directly to the Operations Manager of TerraCycle ANZ and will work closely with teams in Australia and around the world.
- Manage ongoing relationships with third party warehouses, logistic partners, fulfilment companies and other vendors in both Australia and New Zealand
- Perform general office management tasks
- Manage sales orders by creating quotes, liaising with vendors, managing delivery, inventory, payment from clients etc.
- Liaise with internal departments to provide operational assistance as required
- Work with Account Management team to complete reporting, accounting and end of month finance duties
- Work with Accounting team to complete vendor payments and end of month finance duties
- Provide support and assistance to Operations Manager as required. Examples of projects include vendor research and selection, developing recycled products, regulation research etc.
- Proactively develop and improve processes to increase efficiency. This may include researching new software, writing SOPs etc.
- Take part in other ad hoc TerraCycle activities (e.g. customer support, events etc.)
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Switched on with a “get things done” attitude
- Ability to confidently manage multiple third party vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to multitask, work independently and exercise initiative
- Enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude
- Genuine interest in environmental issues
- Able to travel occasionally domestically and internationally
- Previous work experience in Waste Management, Operations, Accounts or Finance would be a plus, but is not essential
- Need full rights to work in Australia
- Based in Sydney (Alexandria)
- Start date – ASAP
- +2 years’ experience in a similar role. Salary circa $55k-$60k.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your cover letter, CV and salary expectation email@example.com. All three items must be included for your application to be considered.