Public Relations (50%)
- Assist to strategise and plan high quality public relations campaigns for TerraCycle, our brand partners, and Loop.
- Write and distribute media releases, and pitch to individual journalists as needed.
- Report results internally and to brands.
- Build relationships with journalists.
- Maintain a register of relevant statistics and information about recycling and reuse to assist PR pitches, and business development and account management teams.
- Grow and engage the network of Community Collection Hubs.
- Write quarterly newsletters for various audiences.
- Devise and create engaging, accurate and relevant content for the blog at least fortnightly.
- Ensure website content is accurate and engaging, and work with Digital Marketing Associate to optimise pages for SEO.
- Assess viability of, attend, and coordinate staffing at events.
- Recommend which awards TerraCycle should apply for, and complete the application/submissions.
- Assist with communication activities around Loop.
- Manage charity listings on website and prepare schedule of charity payments every six months for accountant.
- Provide back-up customer service when Customer Service Associate is unavailable.
- Qualifications in communication.
- Working knowledge of Australian (and ideally New Zealand) media
- At least two years’ experience in a PR role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to a deadline and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be thorough and detailed oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be willing to travel interstate and internationally.
This is a full time position in Sydney. Salary package is between $60k and $80k depending on experience.
To apply for this role, please send a letter of application addressing the Selection criteria along with your resume and salary expectation via email to email@example.com, using the subject line: Public Relations Associate.