What is TerraCycle?
Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches, beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts or marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. To achieve this objective, we partner with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, Procter & Gamble and JDE, amongst dozens of others.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and reports to the Head of Account Management.
- Our offices: https://bit.ly/2LS9NIh
- Blog: (ENG) https://terracyclecommunity.blog/ (FR) https://blogterracycle.fr/
- Instagram: https://bit.ly/2Oyyhow
- Facebook: (ENG) https://bit.ly/2NYXYxu (FR) https://bit.ly/2LKYUZR
- Our latest newsletter: http://zog8.mjt.lu/nl2/gm7w/lvjr1.html?hl=en
The Client Service Manager will oversee a portfolio of around 10 accounts across Europe and line manage 1-2 junior team members. As account manager, their primary responsibility will be for the launch, renewal and expansion of existing collection and recycling programmes. Recurring tasks will include:
- Coaching and overseeing the work of junior team members
- Serving as primary contact for a portfolio of brand partners (from small companies to FMCGs).
- Managing external client relationships to ensure renewal and growth
- Identifying and developing opportunities to drive business value for clients
- Ensuring all client inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with key client stakeholders
- Identifying & resolving client concerns
- Coordinate with TerraCycle Marketing team to develop plans and regularly review programme performance
- Creating client-ready documents, including monthly reports (in both Excel and Powerpoint) and custom presentations
- Provide clients with programme & budget updates and proposals according to their internal budgeting and planning process
- Managing programme operational flow, pricing files, presentations, and contracts
- Coordinating internal processes, including monthly invoicing and annual renewal pricing & projection process in conjunction with Operations team
- Providing project management support for product orders, design projects, and brand activations as needed.
- Support other business functions from time to time as required, with regards to specific language skills, this may include:
- Customer service
- Website content and translations:
- Marketing and communications translations
- Public relations
- Operations and supply chain
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales, account management and/or project management in a relevant field
- Experience in coaching and developing junior team members
- Fluent English speaker
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise among competing tasks
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- A strong interest in sales
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to speak another European language would be beneficial (French, Norwegian, Dutch desired) but not essential
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be beneficial but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps etc.
- A degree in an appropriate field (business, management, marketing…) or equivalent work experience is desired
- Salary in line with experience.
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
- Casual and friendly work environment full of upcycled furniture and décor
- Expected start date – May/ June 2019
For inquiries, please send your CV and a few paragraphs explaining your motivation to join TerraCycle to Angela Schattner, Head of Account Management at [email protected].
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.