Loop is the initiative that is bringing together the world’s largest consumer good companies, transportation companies, retailers as well as NGOs to provide durable/refillable packaging as a service to consumers across the world. LOOP will be launching in New York City and Paris after a global announcement taking place at the Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum in January 2019.
We are looking for a GVP of Operations with 10+ years’ experience in product manufacturing to establish and manage the Operations program of TerraCycle’s new line of business – Loop, focused on the sanitization and distribution of durable and refillable digestible and indigestible product containers in the US and Europe.
The GVP of Operations is responsible for managing the physical plant operations, identifying new plants for scale up opportunities, and managing the growing team responsible for the product development, supply chain design, supply planning, quality assurance and procurement activities.
This new position will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team that makes innovation possible. To achieve this, you will need to be a creative problem solver that drives confidence and makes dreams happen.
- Develop and manage product manufacturing plants in US and Europe (for sanitization and distribution)
- Coach and manage the Operations team in US and Europe
- Prepare, manage and communicate the operational strategy in support of the overarching company strategy
- Directly communicate operational needs and updates to the C-suite
- Oversee supply chain management, logistics and distribution across the global organization
- Onboard and manage the relationship with third party vendors for logistics (sanitization and distribution..)
- Work with R&D and Design teams on packaging for optimized cleaning and distribution
- Integrate inventory and distribution into SAP system
- Embrace P&L accountability
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost
- Integrate product distribution into retail model
- Managing quality assurance programs
- Drive productivity and efficiency of product operations
- Enable company to scale for growth
- Research new technologies and alternative efficiencies
- Planning and controlling changes in production, warehouse and supply chain
- Review, develop and measure KPI’s and metrics under financial controls
- Champion the development, implementation and continuous improvement of a range of organizational management practices and tools to ensure optimal deployment of products
- Take learnings from our small scale launch and implementing at scale within 18-24 months of hire including managing equipment, systems and production engineering for sanitization and distribution
- 10+ year on-the-ground product manufacturing plant experience with brand product (experience in CPG)
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Experience with international team management
- Proven ability to “make it happen”
- Experience with SAP integration
- Experience with retail integration
- 50 – 60% travel (to local and international plants)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- Previous innovation management experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
For inquiries, please send your CV and a cover letter to Laure Cucuron, General Manager Europe, at [email protected] (with [email protected] in cc).
Job description is not all inclusive. Terracycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.