Contract Manufacturing Manager
TerraCycle is the world leader in collecting and recycling waste that is traditionally considered non-recyclable. In conjunction with several of the largest and most prominent consumer products companies in the world, TerraCycle is now advancing an international initiative on the future of packaging, toward the end of disposable packaging. The “service” is to be launched in early 2019 initially in two major cities, one in Europe (London or Paris) and one in the US (NYC). We are currently hiring for the initial staff for full-time work at our New Jersey headquarters.
- Manage contract manufacturers as new products are developed, qualified, and produced at their facilities
- Manage timeline for new product launches, working with internal and external stakeholders to optimize timings, focusing on critical path tasks while maintaining multiple priorities under control
- Coordinate artwork and package development for new products, ensuring that all consumer, regulatory, and manufacturing requirements are met
- Develop and implement systems and methods to achieve better operational control, raising solutions to continuously improve and optimize manufacturing and supply chain processes
- Manage the technical scope and budget of products roll-out, implementing cost savings opportunities
- 3-5 years of project management, supply chain, and/or vendor management experience within contract manufacturing/ co-packing
- Experience working in a factory setting is preferred
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple priorities, ability to self-manage, follow-up, track schedules, escalate/solve issues quickly to deliver results
- Strong ability to assess order of priorities and juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong initiative and leadership
- Ability to independently assess problems and develop action plans for solutions.
- Ability to adapt and work quickly
- Highly organized, allowing nothing to slip through the cracks
- Periodically provide hands on support and training in a physical labor environment (i.e, warehouse or otherwise)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Entrepreneurial spirit to identify opportunities and effectively resolve challenges
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision plans (with partial employer subsidy)
- Generous paid time off
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.