Distribution Operations Manager
TerraCycle is the world leader in collecting and recycling waste that is traditionally considered non-recyclable. In conjunction with several of the largest and most prominent consumer products companies in the world, TerraCycle is now advancing an international initiative on the future of packaging, toward the end of disposable packaging. The “service” is to be launched in early 2019 initially in two major cities, one in Europe (London or Paris) and one in the US (NYC). We are currently hiring for the initial staff for full-time work at our New Jersey headquarters.
- Create the physical design, implement, execute and analyze our entire value chain, with a heavy focus on distribution processes and systems, to optimize cost and cash flow (inventory planning and control).
- Work with operations, demand planning, sales, and customers to give visibility of logistics cost of complexity and bring up solutions to meet customer needs while simplifying the supply chain and reducing cost.
- Define transportation and warehouse standards to comply with country regulations and customer requirements.
- Analyze and identify opportunities to streamline the processes, improve productivity, and/or reduce costs.
- Use your skills with Order Management and Warehouse Management Systems (OMS/WMS), as well as knowledge and experience in e-commerce supply chains and associated industries, to execute logistics studies and provide data and recommendations on the management of current and future supply chain issues.
- Establish KPIs to deliver on-time shipments, case fill rates, and inventory targets.
- Onboard and manage third party vendors (3pl pick/ pack, sortation, storage and aggregation, and transportation vendors where needed).
- 3-5 years of experience in logistics, supply chain, and/or demand planning field (transportation, warehousing, inventory planning, customer facing supply chain, e-commerce or manufacturing/operations performance) is required.
- Experience with an ERP system such as SAP or Oracle is preferred.
- Experience working in a factory/warehouse setting is preferred.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Understanding of optimization tools and methodologies
- Strong ability to assess order of priorities and juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong initiative and leadership.
- Ability to independently assess problems and develop action plans for solutions.
- Ability to adapt and work quickly.
- Highly organized, allowing nothing to slip through the cracks.
- Periodically provide hands on support and training in a physical labor environment (i.e, warehouse or otherwise).
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to identify opportunities and effectively resolve challenges
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and vision plans (with partial employer subsidy)
- Generous paid time off
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.