The company seeks to hire a Project Coordinator to support TerraCycle’s Materials Sales and Solutions Team in Europe.
Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to landfill. Collection locations include schools, offices, community groups, industrial sites and a wide variety of other organisations as well as homes. TerraCycle then turns collected waste into a wide variety of materials that are made (by third parties) into new products.
TerraCycle also partners with clean-up organisations to keep our beaches free of rigid plastics. Then, TerraCycle works with strategic partners to process the beach plastic into raw materials that can be used to produce new products and packaging such as shampoo bottles or dish soap bottles.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and reports to the Head of Material Sales & Solutions.
The mission of the Material Sales & Solutions team is to:
- Identify new and innovative supply chains for the materials collected in Europe.
- On-board and manage subcontractors to process TerraCycle’s raw materials.
- On-board and manage product manufacturers and end customers to utilize TerraCycle’s recycled materials.
- Provide internal support to all departments to execute new business models.
- Coordinate major innovative projects such as our beach plastics projects.
- Support business development as a means to grow revenue for TerraCycle’s European division.
- Create operational efficiencies and process management procedures as a means to drive productivity.
The main responsibilities for this role are to coordinate and support team projects, which will vary from time to time. While the initial focus will be on TerraCycle’s beach plastic supply chain, the workload on that particular project will vary which will shift the focus of this position at different points through the year.
Material Sales & Solutions
- Work with the local team members in Europe to understand the various materials that TerraCycle collects, which polymers they are constructed of, and what steps are needed to process them into a usable new format.
- Work with the global R&D and Material Sales teams to understand our methodology, as well as our scientific outlook, for processing and moving materials downstream.
- Research the machinery and equipment required for the specific recycling processes, as well as the companies who may possess it in Europe.
- On-board and manage vendors/end customers to manage the supply chain.
- On-board and manage internal TerraCycle team members specific to each project so that all parties are up to speed. Maintaining operational visibility is important to ensure success.
- Identify and execute opportunities to streamline processes and increase efficiency along the supply chain, especially those which cut down on cost and/or time that our staff spends managing them.
Support the Brand Partnership team, Operations team and other EU teams with a variety of European projects:
- Coordinate overall tasks for the success of the project, ensuring projects are planned and delivered to achieve outcomes.
- Projects can include setting up new collection model for city collection, working on a the production process for an upcycled or recycled product, etc.
Beach Plastic Collection Project:
- Creating, maintaining and building strong relationships with key NGOs and beach plastic collectors.
- Managing existing NGO and collector relationships that were established by predecessors.
- Identifying & resolving collector concerns, while maintaining the key message that is set forth by the global Beach Plastic management team in the United States.
- Coordinating with TerraCycle Operation team on a daily basis to collect material, ship material in and out of warehouses, etc.
- Create and manage relationships that will ensure the fluidity of the beach plastic collection supply chain.
- Assist with the building and coordination of a communication plan and other tasks related to the launch of new packaging & products made from beach plastic that TerraCycle has collected.
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluent English with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a friendly demeanor on the phone and in writing.
- A strong interest in new innovations, and a curiosity to learn.
- Excellent organisational skills, flexible and pragmatic.
- Ability to take direction related to budget and financials, and perform within the parameters that are set by the global team.
- Enthusiastic team playerwith a positive attitude.
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, etc.
- A degree in an appropriate field (business management, engineering…) or equivalent work experience is desired.
- Project management or account management experience.
- Technical background, with knowledge of plastics, polymers, or recycling supply chains is a plus.
- Fluent in French.
- Ability to speak another European language.
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business.
- Salary: between £25,000 and £30,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Job Type: Full-time
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to [email protected]