TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer waste that is generally considered non-recyclable. We recycle everything from pens, toothbrushes and snack wrappers to cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that would otherwise be sent to landfill or be incinerated. TerraCycle promotes a circular economy and a close-loop approach to waste management. Headquartered outside of NYC and operating in 21 countries (and growing), TerraCycle contracts with some of the top 100 consumer products companies (including P&G, L’Oreal, BIC, Henkel). TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business; it recently received significant notice by the famous business magazine Fortune: http://fortune.com/2016/08/18/change-world-cusp-small-companies/
In late 2009, TerraCycle began its European operations in the UK, beginning with two waste streams and has since grown to over 50 collection programmes across 12 European markets with over 100,000 consumer locations.
TerraCycle has partnered with Suez, one of the largest resource management companies in the world, to develop innovative and differentiating recycling solutions: http://bit.ly/2dDonSA
The company seeks to hire a Head of Material Solutions team in Europe (maternity cover). This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and will report and work closely with the European General Manager (based in our UK office), the EU Operations Manager, the Global VP of Material Sales & Procurement and the Global VP of Operation both (based on our US office).
About the role:
- Work with TerraCycle’s R&D team to develop innovative recycling solutions, and then research and build a supply chain for products and packaging to be recycled within Europe. This includes overseeing the full project from beginning to end and managing all applicable customer and vendor relationships along the way, as well as internal relationships with the TerraCycle account managers.
- Manage strategic projects for TerraCycle Europe (supported by a team of project managers) such as an innovative collection pilot for dirty diapers in the City of Amsterdam and the management of the beach plastics supply chain in Europe.
- Support other European departments with the development of new collection models and provide technical support when required.
- Develop a full recycling solution for the unique products and packaging that TerraCycle collects in Europe on behalf of its brand partners.
- In collaboration with TerraCycle’s R&D team, research and then identify processing partners who possess the machinery/equipment required for the specific recycling processes (shredders, wash lines, extruders, etc.).
- Source outlets and downstream customers throughout Western Europe (predominantly UK and France) who can use TerraCycle materials in their supply chain due to the machinery they use.
- Contact companies directly to discuss the process of working with our business, requirements for processing our materials, and negotiate recycling partnerships for specific materials with agreed payment per ton.
- Qualify and on-board partners by attending on-site trials and agreeing on commercial terms.
- Manage the transition of new partners to European Operations team.
- Work closely with the Operations team and manage the French operation vendors relationship.
- Manage recycled products production, develop recycled products catalogue and support the promotion.
- Manage deliverable, budget and timing on strategic European projects such as the diaper and beach plastics projects.
- Act as lead on regulatory and process controls for European business, identifying and advising on necessary waste legislation for logistics, storage and processing. This includes developing new processes and updating existing processes for any changes in the supply chain.
- Support other European TerraCycle department with technical questions and the development of new collection/recycling solutions from concept, pricing up to execution.
- Act as project lead on sales opportunities for large volumes of materials.
- Source large material volumes for specific projects where such material may be needed.
- Manage and answer internal and external materials related questions.
- Manage budgets of large scale projects, including all relevant cost and revenue tracking.
- Manage processing budgets with operation team.
- Manage and support two project managers.
- Direct working experience within the waste / recycling industry with connections with European processing partners
- Project management experience while working within the supply chain for the waste / recycling industry.
- Budget management experience
- Confident negotiator with experience in managing vendors and operational cost efficiencies
- Vast knowledge of, and experience working within, global waste regulations including the legal transportation of waste between territories.
- Experience managing a small team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- The ability to juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Fluent in both French and English.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Europe from time to time.
- 9 months fixed contract with possible extension
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – September 2018
For inquiries, please send your CV, cover letter to Laure Cucuron, General Manager, TerraCycle Europe at [email protected].
Our offices: https://bit.ly/2LS9NIh
Blog: (ENG) https://terracyclecommunity.blog/ (FR) https://blogterracycle.fr/
Facebook: (ENG) https://bit.ly/2NYXYxu (FR) https://bit.ly/2LKYUZR
Our latest newsletter: http://zog8.mjt.lu/nl2/gm7w/lvjr1.html?hl=en