Operating in 21 countries (including 11 in Europe), TerraCycle is a world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts or marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. We are partnered with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, Procter & Gamble and JDE amongst others.
TerraCycle has also partnered with SUEZ, one of the largest resource management companies in the world, to develop joint innovative and differentiating recycling solutions.
The company seeks to hire a Material Solutions manager in Europe who is going to be responsible for building, maintaining, and growing the processing supply chains and downstream outlets for TerraCycle’s unique waste streams in Europe. It involves material diagnosis, supply chain mapping, supplier management, contracting, and internal support for sales teams. This person works closely with TerraCycle’s European departments leads (Brand partnerships, Zero Waste Box, Business Development, etc.) as well as the Operations team.
This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the recycling field with perspective of internal growth and increasing responsibilities overtime. The position is based in Perivale, West London and will report and work closely with the Head of Material Solutions (based in our UK office) and the Global VP of Material Sales & Procurement (based on our US office).
- Work with the internal department leads and the internal R&D teams to identify material composition of the different streams TerraCycle is slated to collect and recycle.
- Research and then identify processing partners who possess the machinery/equipment required for the specific recycling processes (shredders, wash lines, extruders, etc.).
- Source outlets and downstream customers throughout Western Europe (predominantly UK and France) who can use TerraCycle materials in their supply chain due to the machinery they use.
- Map, build, and maintain supply chains to accomplish the goal of recycling collected materials using the most cost-effective economics and means of transportation.
- On-board and manage processing subcontractors to carry out the processing work on the Company’s behalf
- Maintain an organised accounting of all processing and freight spend carried out on a monthly basis, and report that data to the Head of Material Solutions for the purpose of updating company budget. This will also include future projections for spend, by waste stream and vendor.
- Identify and implement operations and processing efficiencies whenever possible.
- Frequently update the Operations team as processing and cost assumptions change, so that they can maintain proper economics for our collection programs and adjust accordingly (if contracts permit).
- Work closely with the supply chain / logistics executive within the Operations Department to ensure smooth inbound and outbound workflow and maintain expected timelines.
- Act as “go to” person on the service side of the business to answer supply chain-related questions from leadership, sales teams, and another department leads.
- Respond to inquiries from TerraCycle staff regarding the supply chain for materials, and work with stakeholders from Material Solutions, R&D, and Operations to solve tricky situations as they arise.
- Support sales teams and all department leads by framing their deals in a sellable or executable fashion.
- Support the Material Solutions and Operations teams with regulatory and process controls for European business, identifying and advising on necessary waste legislation for logistics, storage and processing. This includes developing new processes and updating existing processes for any changes in the supply chain.
- Other responsibilities as the position and scope of work evolves.
- Several years of direct working experience within the waste / recycling industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of raw materials (especially plastics) and their composition.
- Project and budget management experience while working within the supply chain for the waste / recycling industry.
- Practical knowledge of material recycling processes and equipment, including which equipment should be used to carry out processing techniques on varying materials.
- Good understanding of the recycling landscape including public and private entities capable of carrying out certain processing tasks. Ideally possess a network of European contacts in the recycling industry.
- Good knowledge of, and experience working within, EU waste regulations for logistics, storage and processing.
- Be an effective communicator with excellent written & oral communication skills, especially as it relates to framing content in a way that non-experts can understand it.
- Possess outstanding organisational skills with a knack for being detail-oriented.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Ideally fluent in both French and English.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Europe (3-4 days/month) to visit partners
- Salary depending on experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
For inquiries, please send your CV, cover letter to Laure Cucuron, General Manager, TerraCycle Europe at [email protected]
Our offices: https://bit.ly/2LS9NIh
Blog: (ENG) https://terracyclecommunity.blog/ (FR) https://blogterracycle.fr/
Facebook: (ENG) https://bit.ly/2NYXYxu (FR) https://bit.ly/2LKYUZR
Our latest newsletter: http://zog8.mjt.lu/nl2/gm7w/lvr26.html?hl=en