TerraCycle is a social enterprise that has fallen in love with the concept of garbage. We are determined to eliminate the idea of waste by making it possible to recycle items that are traditionally considered non-recyclable. We are a global pioneer in green business and through working with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world who sponsor our collection programs, we’re the largest processor of flexible packaging in the world.
By mid-September, TerraCycle is launching 2 groundbreaking pilot programs in collaboration with a large FCG company in order to collect and recycle diapers in the city of Amsterdam, starting in September 2018:
- A collection programme where TerraCycle will install and service 10-15 smart collection bins (with the help of third-party partners) in different locations of the city for users to drop off their used diapers
- A Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) model with a selection of families, where TerraCycle will manage a website to collect subscriptions orders and liaise with third-party partners to ensure regular delivery of new diapers, and pick up used diapers, to users directly to and from their homes
- Operational support including:
- Manage operations on the ground by liaising with vendors (logistics and/or waste management companies operating the collections of the smart bins and the collections/pick up at home locations)
- Collect and monitor daily orders from the DTC website and liaise with vendors to ensure smooth deliveries and pick ups
- Operate regular maintenance of the smart collection bins’ IT system following a specific procedure (project coordinator will be trained)
- Create daily reports on project
- Customer service support:
- Provide world-class reactive and proactive customer service to users (with support from the European Project team in London) by email and phone. This will be supported by a full time customer service person during at least the first 6 weeks of the pilot
- Answer all queries and questions by phone and email on the same day
- Handle last minute delivery and/or pick up (for DTC model) if there is an issue with website or logistics partners
- Account management support
- Aggregate key data, learnings and user insights and prepare presentations for clients
- With time and experience, manage communications with the sponsor brand
- Other duties as required
Depending on the results of the pilot, there will be an opportunity for the contract to be extended or to convert into a long term contract, based in Amsterdam or in London.
- At least 1-2 years of experience
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Ability to be autonomous and flexible
- Incredible sense of customer service
- Excellent organization skills of logistics and data
- Enthusiasm for a hands-on job
- Ideally, a technical/IT background (smart phone and technologically savvy)
- Ability to travel and spend a 2-week training period in TerraCycle’s EU HQs in West London
- Ability to be contracted by TerraCycle’s Netherlands
- Flexibility to work at weekends (in line with Dutch’s regulations)
Salary: depending on experience
Start date – 2nd or 3 week of August 2018 in London, from September 1st in Amsterdam.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to [email protected].